Possible TX Stroker build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is why you are stuck in the past. You think you own this place and are the end all be all. I think you should contribute and stop trolling. So if you have nothing to contribute get off my thread.

Let’s rewind a little - what is YOUR personal level of mechanical aptitude / ability to self - diagnose issues?

How long have you had your 80?

What exactly are your intended goals / end use?

I’m not going to even toss out info as we really don’t know what you plan to do / expected goals.

Frankly, .50BMG is a fun cartridge, but .300WM has practical purposes.

If you’re thinking the “50BMG of 1FZ’s” then you need to:

- realize a Barrett M107 is $12K base & $5/rd.

- a Falcor .300WM is $4500, and ~$1.50 rd/ave.

Sure, the Barrett is funz as all hellz, but purely a target piece.
No animal it touches will be recoverable as food.

At least you can find your elk/deer after hitting it with a .300WM - or find it specifically all in 1 place ;)

— So - we building a ~$40K / .50BMG thing, or a very solid .300WM in the very sub-$20K range?

-and as an aside, this group is extremely well-rounded - if you come in ‘hot / guns blazing’ - you’ll only get trash replies until a Mod locks the tread.

@jacksna1982

Do you realize @scottryana HAS built a 400+ hp 1FZ and been driving it for years?

As far as I know, it’s one of the hottest 1FZs in the US that I know of. He has explored the limits of the stock ECU and beyond.

Take the overseas builds with a grain of salt, from what I hear, the ECUs are very different.

I REALLY appreciate that he is willing to experiment and to share his knowledge on MUD.

I wish you the best of luck on your build and hope you keep posting!

:cheers:

@jacksna1982

This is why this thread will go no where

Screenshot_20191224-101134~2.png

You've been here 6weeks. Got sand in your vaj because someone has told you something other than what you want to hear.

If you stick around and get the lay of the land before shooting from the hip, you'll see there's loads of complicated tech threads that have gone for months and years with a lot of knowledgeable and experienced people chiming in.

My main interest is diesel cruisers, and there's threads in the diesel section that go back 10 -12 years plus that are responsible for big changes in the understanding of tumng and turbo charging Toyota diesels.
300HP and 1000ft/lb of torque is more readily achievable from stock 4.2L Toyota diesels as a direct result of the combined knowledge and problem solving of this forum.
There's guys who have built businesses of the back of that combined resource of knowledge.

Take what everyone says with a grain of salt. Weigh up what they are really saying and give this thread time to progress past "just another pipe dream" status.

Or don't.

It's up to you how far this thread goes.

There was a 1000hp twin turbo FZJ80 in ?UAE, discussed a few times
on the Forum about 10-12 years ago. IIRC that engine with all it's custom parts cost $100,000 to build.

There was a 1000hp twin turbo FZJ80 in ?UAE, discussed a few times
on the Forum about 10-12 years ago. IIRC that engine with all it's custom parts cost $100,000 to build.

Exactly my point in using the .50BMG / ..300WM -analogy.

If this dude wants to ‘blow a wad’ at exactly $20-25K I’d talk a 2UZ swap. From a shop that their receipt means a darn.

And it’s a practical swap that has resale value, not some tempermental, exotic motor that only a certain shop who created the monster can service.
Good luck on that situation.

He hit a goofball mid-point $$$-wise as a check-cutter / IG dreamer IMO.

So - while I’d like to see him build(buy) - a motor that proves myself & Ryan wrong, the stats of the forum don’t hold.

He / (Ryan) -& I both spoon-fed a guy few months back over a 5.3LS - he’s gone. Total gone Johnson.
We both were frustratingly patient.

People love to dream, but when reality or anybody familiar with 1FZ internals offers a non-sexy approach, it‘s met with little applause by the OP/dreamer.

:meh: - reality.

Anyone got a price on an engine or head from Robbie or a link to the shop? Our local shop closed and I might need another head done soon if not two.

Without having current stats or a chance to speak really recently, I’d venture some $1300-1400 to get R to do his work just in P&P after a head was decked/true & sent both to him & back.
I’d let him chime - but IMO this is critically smart value.

Frankly, this would be the very cornerstone of any teutonic dreams - build motor.

@scottryana - do you think I’m being a kook or off-base here?

-I can take it if you say so, I simply see the ports as the issue once you go 4.6 or anything over that, esp if you want better than 5# of boost & keep your stock ECU.

-Until OP gives us the ‘green light’ to go $40K into his motor, I’m treating this thread as datapoints.

Datapoints OP may see why the gap between my .50BMG / .300WM -makes sense.

There’s no .338 Lapua in his budget - or where he wants to go / practical use in society.

But I’m never one to judge a man’s tires or choice of caliber, just as long as I can ‘join in’ - see common ground for use.

But even then, each dude has his own ‘toybox’ - behind a locked door or under a hood, as long as he can use it as he hoped when the $$$ went there.

:meh:

Wrong forum, but with enough (Toyota) money anything is possible:

Well, this was an entertaining read.

Pretty standard forum format in most places besides mud.

1. OP has dreams. Usually led by shiny things he saw on the internet.

2. OP has a budget well below reality.

3. OP states he doesn't want a show piece but rather a workhorse. (And also states he only wants positive reinforcement).

4. OP says things like "I should get the whole engine bay painted while it's out, right?" (Or whatever that post along those lines said). Basically saying he does, in fact, want a shiny object.

5. Some really knowledgeable people offer advice.

6. OP goes somewhere where his shiny object syndrome/budget combo better fit. (Craigslist, perhaps?).

Shrug.

OP,

As many have said, plenty of people would like to see this be attempted (even, I assume many who have suggested it isn't a good plan). As you so fairly put it, it's your money. Good luck, sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom