Possible transfer case problems? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As a few of you know(if you have been reading my recent posts) I acquired a new to me FJ-60.

I took it out for a quick test of the mechanicals and everything worked great except.

I cannot shift into 4-Lo. 4 High works great but the shifter is rock solid when i try to shift into 4-Lo.

I hope this isn't serious but I know the collective MUD-brain will know what the problem is.

disclaimer: I did run a search and the words 4 and Lo are to short and there was nothing else.

lunyou

Crawl under the truck and see if there is anything interferring with the shift linkage. Disconnect the linkage from the shft lever on the transfer case and see if you can move the lever on the case by it's self. The H-N-L shifter is the pivot arm on top of the case. But don't remove the pivot arm from the post that comes out of the top of the case, because the post will fall back inside the case, then you will have to take it apart.

^thanks I will get out and do that once it warms up.

lunyou

cruiser88....when i drive it the shifters do not move at all they are super solid....i thought broken motor mounts would cause them to move a bit under strain like acceleration?

I will check them anyway though.

lunyou

It'll go into 4 lo lunyou, not sure if you've figured that out yet, just takes a little muscle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom