Possible to put 2006 LX470 steering wheel on 2006 LC100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys

I am close to buying a 2006 LC 100. But I have really been after an LX 470 because I love the wood interior. The interiors of the two are mostly the same other than the LX 470 has the wood trim on the steering wheel and the shifter.

I found the Lexus official part (which is $2,500!) and am wondering if anyone knows whether this would fit on the LC?

Thanks

I'd consider that but I saw another guy on here who bought one on eBay and it wasn't actually OEM / did not match the other wood trim in the car

car-part.com — snag one off an OEM. Tricky part will be finding one in great shape.

I purchased an eBay model for 200 bucks for a previous lc100. It does have fake wood. Compared to my 2006 lx, it had a wider grip and the feel is generally better. Four years later that wheel is still going strong. There were a few colors to choose from at that time. IMO its a cheap enough gamble to try the cheapie. the leather is thin but any leather will nick pretty easily in my experience. Otherwise for under a grand you can get a local custom wheel person to rebuild your current wheel just about any way you'd like, which I did on an AMG I had. Even buying used oem and redoing the leather (what im considering event hough mine is great) if the wood is perfect (not faded or cracked by now). I would in no way ever pay that oem price for this oem wheel, as its just not that nice, imho.

Okay I will see if I can find a cheaper one on eBay or car-part.com
Tough to justify $2500 for a steering wheel...

Someone on LCool Australia reported successfully replacing an LC100 steering wheel with a Camry ACV40 (~2006-2011 years) wheel. Apparently even the clock spring was compatible, as was the airbag connection and cruise control. Unfortunately LCool has been down for a few months now and I can't find anything further.

Someone on LCool Australia reported successfully replacing an LC100 steering wheel with a Camry ACV40 (~2006-2011 years) wheel. Apparently even the clock spring was compatible, as was the airbag connection and cruise control. Unfortunately LCool has been down for a few months now and I can't find anything further.
Yep - I was about to tackle this mod having now got all the parts... and LCOOL is down. Bugger!

Join the Facebook group for 100 series and get in touch with Hasan Khan. He sells a lot of used parts, and every once in a while will sell refurbished wood grain steering wheels for around $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom