Possible to program transponder keys (2003 LC) ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have only one master key (w/remote) and a new cut OEM remote key and a new cut valet key. Is it possible to “program” these new keys so that they can be used as a spare if need be?

I‘ve tried different methods but one published one states that for ’03 and ’04, a computer is needed to communicate with the ECU (to get it to recognize the new keys).

Anyone program their ‘03 LC without needing Techstream?

I have done the “turn the lock, open the door “ dance successfully on my ’03 LX. I used directions that I found on this site but don’t remember exactly which thread.

I have done the “turn the lock, open the door “ dance successfully on my ’03 LX. I used directions that I found on this site but don’t remember exactly which thread.
There’s hope for me then, thanks.

A couple of Toyota dealers wanted $170 or “around $150”. A locksmith that has the ability wants $120. I would love to do it with the correct dance.

Thanks, Trunk Monkey. I found the following topic in FAQ’s ...... Programming a master or valet key
Tried it twice with no success. The second sentence mentions what I believe I may have heard elsewhere. And that is that ’03 and ‘04 require other steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom