Possible T-Case popping out solution (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, well, since there doesn't seem to be to many known solutions for why the front drive shaft would disengage in 4lo, I pulled off the boot and crawled under the rig to have a look-see.

I noticed when in 4lo, if the shift lever can be move foward about a 1/2 inch, this will disengage the front drive shaft. There is a bracket behind the shift lever, so I loosened the bolts, pulled it foward, and re-tightned. Now, the shift lever cannot move foward, causing the front shaft to disengage when in 4lo.

Not sure if is the 'real' reason it was popping out, but, I think this should prevent it from happening.
IMG_3977.jpg
IMG_3978.jpg

You might check the shifter detent spring and ball. It helps keep the shifter in gear. If the spring is weak it might allow the shifter to pop out.

Might also consider looking at the engine mounts. When bad they are known to cause transfer to pop out of 4lo.

Well, it's not popping out of 4lo as a whole, just the front shaft was disengaging. The front shaft is engaged when the shift lever is all the way back in the 4lo postion. If the lever is moved foward, it'll disengage the front shaft. It'll still be in 4lo, just the front shaft isn't engaged.

How much of a pain is it to change the engine mounts? I changed the the tranny mount already.

It is the 2wd/4wd problem.

Look at the motor mounts but honestly, you are probably in need of a tcase rebuild..

I love having 2wd low personaly..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom