Possible run Saturday 4-9 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tralaz.org
Run tomorrow, Saturday 4-9-11, Sunflower Mine or Log Corral. Thanatoz and I are meeting at 8:45 at the Circle K gas station on the south side of Shea Blvd, last station before hitting the 87. Note 'south' side, not the Circle K by the McDonald's on the north side. We will NOT be hanging around there, so if you are going, be there at the appointed time, and preferably post up so we know to expect someone else.

If my passengers bail, we'll probably run Log Corral. It's looking like that's where we're headed.

Last edited:
Possible run tomorrow, Saturday 4-9-11, Log Corral or Sunflower Mine. Thanatoz and I are deliberating, but I figured I'd post if anyone else wanted to go (who isn't at the class learning how to resuscitate my dead ass someday). Last minute run of opportunity, it may be more interesting if it rains. Post if you're interested.
Sunflower was just done, but Log Corral would be nice to have a new trip report on. A credible rumor has it that Mesa 4Wheelers was planning on doing trail maintenance out there late March or early April. They were mostly planning on clearing out the brush. I helped one of their members practice his trimming technique a few weeks ago at Needle Rock. John

Well, as it turns out I have a couple of elderly passengers and my 1.5 year old daughter along. I decided Sunflower is the more scenic trip (processing plant ruins, mountains and creek bed vs. power lines and hacked up saguaros) so that's where we're going now, as much as I've been itching to run Log Corral lately. First post edited for time and places.

Looking a lot more like Log Corral.

I gotta work :frown:

I gotta work :frown:

Don't feel too bad; it's raining, and I know you Germans have some strange aversion to playing in washes when it's raining. :D

Don't feel too bad; it's raining, and I know you Germans have some strange aversion to playing in washes when it's raining. :D

yup, wouldn't have gone

I wasn't gonna bring that up so as to not rain on your parade :flipoff2:

We decided to do a marathon Log Corral-FR393-Sunflower day, but we got cut short on Log Corral. It was raining so everything was even wetter than usual, and there's been some erosion to the wall at the beginning of the canyon. Last time me and Thanatoz ran this trail it was raining, and we saw water coming out of the wall at the same place. Thanatoz mentioned at the time that the wall was likely to come down soon, and it did. We think probably this past week or so. It dumped a bunch of large loose rock at the start of the canyon, before the boulder garden. One particularly large one bit my rocker when it rolled as I went over it. :mad: We got in a bit, walked the whole trail, and decided it was a bit rough for us to run in the rain without more support. So we bailed and went to Sunflower. It also has a lot of exposed rock compared to 6 months ago or so. The snow and mud made things interesting. :D

Pardon my cell phone pics:

LC loose rocks 20 ft.jpg

LC WE lined up.jpg

LC boulder garden.jpg
LC loose rocks 20 ft.jpg
LC WE lined up.jpg
LC boulder garden.jpg

That looks pretty hairy out there!

Last ones...

SF snowy trail.jpg

SF near and far landscape.jpg
SF snowy trail.jpg
SF near and far landscape.jpg

looks like more than a little snow dusting...I bet that made things interesting on the trail. nice pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom