Possible Oil Cooler Leak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an '07 with about 260k miles and when I bought it a few years ago I initially had Mr. T do a lot of work to baseline it. I don't think this is a gasket leak because that was one of the things they did as well as a new water pump. They also replaced the power steering from what I think now was a misdiagnosis of this oil leak. I've never lost oil to where it's noticeable but I've been trying to diagnose where this is coming from and after doing some reading here I think it's the oil cooler.

Does that sound like I could be on the right track? What else could originate from the driver side area near the oil filter? I'm using a mobil 1 filter but the oil doesn't seem to be coming from the filter side but rather behind it and my understanding is it's likely from the gasket that holds the filter to what I believe to be the oil cooler behind it.

Landcruiser Oil Cooler Leak.png

IIRCC there is a figure 8 oring between the block and the oil cooler, not a terrible thing to replace
do the 2 cooler hoses also

You're right. I've been reading this thread back and forth and I'm nearly convinced this is the issue. Funny enough I actually had the figure 8 o-ring replaced 30k miles ago but I'm thinking this is coming from where the adapter mates up and not where the cooler mates up to the engine.

1683207276187.png
1683207333713.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom