Possible New Buildup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We have located a rough old cruiser to make into a 2 1/2 rockwelled monster.

What do you think about all the running gear out of this truck in a cruiser.

My neighbor is wanting something different, and we have found a cruiser, so I think I might have another cruiser in the neighborhood.

Hopefully, details will follow.
100_1304.jpg

Looks like a long armed chevy...

should be a few good parts on there. Your post is a bit confusing though.

Rezarf <><

A little confusing

It even confused me when I looked back at it.

We are going to strip the brown chevy truck. It has 305/SM465/NP205
2 1/2 ton rockwells. 44" boggers on 32 bolt beadlocks. Hydro steering. Body/frame/leaf springs get junked.

We have located a rough old cruiser to put all the parts in. We are going to strip the cruiser down to the frame and sandblast body and frame.

This is my neighbor's truck. He has been wanting something cool/unique instead of the brown s*** colored chevy pickup. He liked my cruiser and wants to join the cruiser cult.

Does everyone think a cruiser on rockwells will be better than that chevy truck?

I am going to look at the cruiser today.

JR

do it i have 2 cruisers with 2.5 ton axles however i shortened and used the deuce frame thats after the cruiser frame broke in 2 and it was solid so it needs to be fully boxed we did this on my sons mud truck and it has been fine when its all said and done other than looking like a cruiser its just the body the guy is still going to have the same truck new body put the body on his frame and enjoy it

I recommend spending some time looking at the Proffitt's Cruisers website and learning what is involved with putting Rockwells under an FJ40. Pay particular attention to the suspension and how far you have to move the engine aft in order to clear the front toploader. I love full-figured bitches with Rockwells, but the conversions are way more complicated that the normal stuff we do to Cruisers. I also think that you will find that an NP205 wil not provide the gearing you want to turn 44's. The 5.0 Atlas TCs work very well in thg rigs that Jeremiah builds. My favorite of the new generation of Proffitt's Cruisers is Peter Stolp's:
Peter&Murph.jpg

205 and 44's

The truck does not have enough power nowwith the 44's, but the 305 is very weak/sick.

I haven't done the research about moving the motor back. But I think we can get it to work.

We were planning on stretching the wheelbase alot. I can't remember what mine is. I think mine is over 105, but I'm not sure.

We'll have to see.

JR

Personally, I think you need at least 120". But if all you want to do is throw mud around, that might be a different story.

Chevy Frame

The chevy frame is bad flimsy/weak. I had thought about that.

JR

Medusa said:
I recommend spending some time looking at the Proffitt's Cruisers website and learning what is involved with putting Rockwells under an FJ40. Pay particular attention to the suspension and how far you have to move the engine aft in order to clear the front toploader. I love full-figured bitches with Rockwells, but the conversions are way more complicated that the normal stuff we do to Cruisers. I also think that you will find that an NP205 wil not provide the gearing you want to turn 44's. The 5.0 Atlas TCs work very well in thg rigs that Jeremiah builds. My favorite of the new generation of Proffitt's Cruisers is Peter Stolp's:
Peter&Murph.jpg

That is a GINORMOUS TRUCK!

Sweet rig... makes my truck seem stock.

Rezarf <><

Yep, Badass

Yep, that one is probably one of my top five favorites.

Sweet.

JR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom