Possible Limited Revival of Hutchinson Rock Monster Model # WA-0550 / Kit # 60715 (1 Viewer)

Would you be interested in buying five Hutchinson Rock Monster Model # WA-0550 (Kit # 60715) wheels?

• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Maybe (depending on price)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

As some of you are aware, in 2020 Hutchinson discontinued the Rock Monster Model # WA-0550 / Kit # 60715 and destroyed the mold / casting. I have been emailing with a rep at Hutchinson, and they are willing to resurrect a cast wheel with an order of 200 wheels. I am trying to get them to reduce this number to 100 wheels. Assuming pricing is in-line with the historical pricing ($500 - $600 / wheel; $2.5k - $3.0k for five wheels), please let me know if you would be interested in picking up a full set (five wheels).

Note, I would have to become the dealer for this (i.e., this is NOT a group buy), so I would only do so if I had good visibility into off-loading all but five of the wheels.

Oh man I want this wheel.

See "View Results" above.
2 voted yes. This has a long way to go before it gets any traction.

I don't understand why the company would break the wheel molds though. R&D and initial costs were already accounted for. Seems odd to me.

That being said, I'd be in for a set of 5.

Hey everyone - I was able to source a used set of these rims, so I will no longer be leading a revival of these wheels.

For what it is worth, Hutchinson doesn't really seem like they want to play ball. For 100 rims, it will be $1k / rim. For 200 rims, it will be $710. Doesn't seem like they are trying to make this heppen. Definitely agree that it is wierd that they would break the wheel molds. Seems very foolish.

I do know someone selling a full set of five rims. Message me if you are interested, and I can connect you.

I have 5x Hutchinson Rock Monster wheels that I'm planning on selling within the next several months if anyone has any preliminary interest.

I am assuming both of these sets are long gone... Any chance they are still available?

I do know someone selling a full set of five rims. Message me if you are interested, and I can connect you.

I have 5x Hutchinson Rock Monster wheels that I'm planning on selling within the next several months if anyone has any preliminary interest.
Asking same as the use above, if by some miracle these aren't get gone, I am absolutely looking for a set.

Interested in these if they are not already long gone, I know its a long shot. Thanks!
Im still interested as long as they don’t cost $5000 cad (poverty dollars) each

I still have 5 wheels in excellent condition that I am not actively selling (as they are on my 100 now) but would be more than willing to part with.

I imagine the biggest hurdle would be logistics (if you can’t then pick up in person) as they are wearing new Cooper ST Maxx tires that I don’t plan on taking off. Please feel free to PM me if you’re interested.

I still have 5 wheels in excellent condition that I am not actively selling (as they are on my 100 now) but would be more than willing to part with.

I imagine the biggest hurdle would be logistics (if you can’t then pick up in person) as they are wearing new Cooper ST Maxx tires that I don’t plan on taking off. Please feel free to PM me if you’re interested.
where are you located?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom