Possible Future Club Run - Pine Grove Ghost Town to Lobdell Lake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
Kel and I took the F150 2.25 hours SE of Reno to Pine Grove Ghost Town today. It is a bit below Yerington. The main path in is completely stock friendly, I didn't need to engage my lockers and only needed 4wd for one section that was a bit off camber. There is a spring up there that can be dipped in based on size and vegetation, but I don't know what makes up the water and there is a non government sign stating to keep out, so... 🤷‍♂️

There are several trails I couldn't explore due to the size and (good) shape of my truck and quite a few structure visible on the mail trails we took. I think we could spend several hours exploring before dropping down to Dead Ox Canyon/Spring and across Hwy 338 to get on the trail to Lobdell. Might make for a fun two day adventure not far from home.

1590460199712.png

1590459825690.png

Depending on when I would be down. Would be neat to go out and see where the guys investigated. I like paranormal stuff (wife calls it CreeperTV) and would be interesting to see what they did, during the day.

So based on last nights discussion we are going to plan for this trip next weekend... 17-19th

Meeting at Gardnerville Maverik at the Y at approximately 4pm on the 17th? @Tony_Farson right?

So based on last nights discussion we are going to plan for this trip next weekend... 17-19th

Meeting at Gardnerville Maverik at the Y at approximately 4pm on the 17th? @Tony_Farson right?

Yessir. I will be a Maverik at 4PM on Friday the 17th. I plan to hit the road NLT 4:30 which should get us to Pine Grove by 6PM. We will play day 2 (Sunday) by ear. I will stay a second night at Desert Creek if at least one other rig wants to stay too. Otherwise I'll head home on Saturday late afternoon/evening.

Still up in the air about the second night, but Friday night is for sure for me.
Now just to figure out what to bring for this, realized we recently donated our small cooler, so just have two 60qt coolers... LOL
This is my first trip like this, only ever done fully blown camping trips so no "reduced" gear spread.
Recommendations on what you guys bring for trips like this??

I have a 30qt steel belted Coleman (s***i cooler) we bring with us for 1-2 day trips, a 5 gallon jobsite water dispenser, a 2-burner Coleman stove, and a portable fire pit. We bring our tent, cots and sleeping bags.

I have a 30qt steel belted Coleman (s***i cooler) we bring with us for 1-2 day trips, a 5 gallon jobsite water dispenser, a 2-burner Coleman stove, and a portable fire pit. We bring our tent, cots and sleeping bags.
Yeah I guess I was meaning more like food/utensil type stuff. I will get down my normal camping box and see what I can figure out seeing as we have two with split stuff. Then of course the cot, sleeping bag type stuff as well. Thanks again for the tent too.

Oh I am mr. overkill... I bring a bin with my cast iron, bbq utensils. My go-to for food is Egg Beaters, Jimmy Dean "Skillets" for breakfasts. Cold cuts/bread/cheese for sandiwiches or Hillshire Farms Bistro boards for lunches. Chicken, steak, salmon, or Italian sausage kabobs from Raley's butcher counter for dinners. I also bring a moka pot for coffee because life is not complete without coffee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom