Possible Eagle Rock and Saran Wrap Run, Sunday, January 16th. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DangerNoodle

Essentially a fire wielding monkey.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hey all, I may hit Saran Wrap and Eagle Rock this Sunday, since I'll have the cruiser in the springs. Does anyone want to join in? Never run them before, so it should be fun.

-DJ

What time you thinking? I can go anytime after 11a. Haven't done them before either so don't know how much time is too little time.

What time you thinking? I can go anytime after 11a. Haven't done them before either so don't know how much time is too little time.

I'm not really sure if I can even make it, I may have some friends coming down. I would like to run to though. If I don't end up with people, sometime after 11 would be good for me as well.

I'm not really sure if I can even make it, I may have some friends coming down. I would like to run to though. If I don't end up with people, sometime after 11 would be good for me as well.
Just got back from a quick run up Old Stage to the look out.
Was expecting a foot of snow near the top.
Got all of 2" maybe. :frown:

Just got back from a quick run up Old Stage to the look out.
Was expecting a foot of snow near the top.
Got all of 2" maybe. :frown:

I guess let's plan on meeting around the start of gold camp at 11? It's looking like I have the day free.

I guess let's plan on meeting around the start of gold camp at 11? It's looking like I have the day free.
uhh...ok, so I know Old Stage turns into Gold Camp at some point, and runs all the way to Deckers. Or is it Victor, up near Cripple Creek?
Or are we talking somewhere else completely?
And just a heads up, I trail pretty slowly. Sap/Fan by an' large.

uhh...ok, so I know Old Stage turns into Gold Camp at some point, and runs all the way to Deckers. Or is it Victor, up near Cripple Creek?
Or are we talking somewhere else completely?
And just a heads up, I trail pretty slowly. Sap/Fan by an' large.

Gold camp is the one that runs up to Cripple Creek / Victor.

Gold camp is the one that runs up to Cripple Creek / Victor.
Where is this relative to the reservoir on the other end of 370B, off Old stage? (or is it Gold Camp by then?)

I think it's gold camp by then. From the map, it looks like the trails are right after Old Stage turns into Gold Camp. We could meet right at the base of Old Stage, on the way to Cheyenne Mountain zoo.
The culdesac where the dirt starts?
Or lower, @the 4-way stop?

Oh I want to so bad. I am honestly just at a point where my intake is apart and waiting for the 78mm intake turbo to get in :cool:

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure gold camp is fully open to access trails, some people are saying there may be weather related closures. Does anyone know?

@LandLocked93 It's looking like there is a seasonal closure a few miles up gold camp, before we can get to the trails. I don't think we can make this run. :(

I'm still probably going to go down and meet there around 11 with a friend, he went on old stage today, but didnt make it all the way to gold camp. I'd be happy to mess around either way.

Uh...not aware of any gates between where we're meeting and all the way to Victor. But then, not completely clear where exactly we're going.
Usually the only thing that stops progress is snow drifts...unless some of the Jeepers have gone thru already.
Still planning to meet up about 11a...unless...you want to meet at the look out at the top?
Reason being I'm in no rush to get up that long drive. So, I could get an early start and head on up so you guys can do the speed you want to? Once at the top and on the trail we should be good otherwise.

Well, as is evident now that I didn't know what Saran Wrap and Eagle Rock were about...this run was a great intro to rock crawling 101. Also spotting, as it relates to quick, concise directions from an exterior source.
Recommend it to anyone.
lol

Had a great time @DangerNoodle. Even if I didn't finish either trail. 👍 The rock rash on me wheels require immediate attention to mitigate further rusting. However the experience is well accepted. And appreciated.

This is Eagle Rock...to the point where I chose to turn back. 33" (and a bad initial decision) is just too small for comfort. The popping and scratching/screeching sounds are tree branches on the roof rack and rear glass...
Came out with only a cracked front flare and a clapped out ds rear mud flap.
In my defense, the rocks and pointy boulders are much larger and closer than they look. lol

Didn't get video, but...I thought you were milliseconds away from rolling down the mountain on Saran Wrap. Amazing rig, the (your) 40. And great sense of angle on your part.
Your vid doesn't do it justice.🥜🥜🥜

Well, as is evident now that I didn't know what Saran Wrap and Eagle Rock were about...this run was a great intro to rock crawling 101. Also spotting, as it relates to quick, concise directions from an exterior source.
Recommend it to anyone.
lol

Had a great time @DangerNoodle. Even if I didn't finish either trail. 👍 The rock rash on me wheels require immediate attention to mitigate further rusting. However the experience is well accepted. And appreciated.

This is Eagle Rock...to the point where I chose to turn back. 33" (and a bad initial decision) is just too small for comfort. The popping and scratching/screeching sounds are tree branches on the roof rack and rear glass...
Came out with only a cracked front flare and a clapped out ds rear mud flap.
In my defense, the rocks and pointy boulders are much larger and closer than they look. lol

Didn't get video, but...I thought you were milliseconds away from rolling down the mountain on Saran Wrap. Amazing rig, the (your) 40. And great sense of angle on your part.
Your vid doesn't do it justice.🥜🥜🥜

It was a fun run, sorry about the rock rash on your wheels. I guess I should have mentioned the ratings of the trails. You drove great, but those were some deep holes. Time to go to 35"s right? :flipoff2:

Thanks for coming out! It was a good day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom