1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

possible bent steering arm (funny)

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by cavsfj40, Oct 29, 2003.

1. cavsfj40

cavsfj40

Yesterday on my way to work this dude cut me off coming from the left lane across the front of the cruiser and into a gas station. I had to swerve to avoind contact and ended up hitting a 4" high curb at about 35 mph. Thank god i was in the cruiser. Anyway, i came to rest in the very same gas station lot with mario andretti (previously mentioned) and he comes over and starts with the whole "what the f(*& is wrong with you like i did it or something and he takes a cut at me and i respond by punching him in the face. Ok no sweat there but i then check out my front end and i see that it is badly out of line now. Like 2" of toe out. I go to work and then i proceed to align the vehicle at home after work. Seems that the 2" of toe out came from no where because nothing looks bent and i had the wheel off and pulled the hub. My guess is that the steering arm gave a little but it looks the same. Any ideas where to look for this misalignment. The cruiser is line up a-ok now but i have no more adjustment left in the tie rod ends

2. chuglife

chuglife

glad to hear you gave him a shot in the face, a lot of guys wouldn't do that. hats off to you bud, you're my kind of guy lol :cheers:

3. hammerhead

hammerhead

What was he driving? Aren't you supposed to park on his hood and piss on his windshield? :D
    You can check your arms by holding a straight edge on the WMS and measuring to the TRE.

4. lowtideride

lowtideride

Media:
    Albums:
    yeah man hunt him down and drive over his car....

5. burnt03

burnt03

[quote author=cavsfj40 link=board=1;threadid=6918;start=msg56852#msg56852 date=1067489375]
    "what the f(*& is wrong with you like i did it or something and he takes a cut at me and i respond by punching him in the face. [/quote]

LOL!
    You are the ultimate! :D

6. Jman

Jman

You . . . are my hero. Haven't had to deal with anyone that was such an a******, so I haven't punched anyone in years. Hope it felt great.