Positive Battery Terminal Connector and Fusible Link Assembly Question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went to replace my positive terminal connector because it became too loose to maintain a connection and the nut connecting the fusible link and the original connector would not come off. I tried cutting off with a hacksaw and the positive connector disintegrated on me. It looks like the original connector, the wiring and the fusible link have all melted together since 1999. Anyone have any ideas from the pictures on where to go next? I have a fully in tact new connector and nut, but separating the fusible link from the wiring harness may be impossible at this point. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Looks like you boogered the hell out of that nut. Will need to drill it out or cut it off at this point. For future reference, soak the nut with PB blaster over night then use a flare nut wrench on that nut and hold the shaft of the fusible link with vise-grips.

Looks like you boogered the hell out of that nut. Will need to drill it out or cut it off at this point. For future reference, soak the nut with PB blaster over night then use a flare nut wrench on that nut and hold the shaft of the fusible link with vise-grips.
Ahh, drilling it out is a good idea and yeah, I made a mess of it. Never had one stick so badly.

I've been looking for terminal covers like that. Where did you purchase, what are they called.
Thanks.

COVER (FOR BATTERY POSITIVE TERMINAL) 82821-60040

That's the OEM cover, I'm looking to cover the bigger military style terminals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom