Positive battery connection mess (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What parts do I need to order to fix this mess?

IMG_0930.jpg

mil bat.jpg

These military battery terminals have solved all my battery connection problems.
Dyno

Those military terminals work great. I made an "L" shaped bracket from some 3/4 x 1/8 copper bar and soldered a stud to it for landing the various positive power connections. I used these ring terminals that stack together.
20200126_105542.jpg
20200105_123459.jpg
20200105_123516 - Copy.jpg

Baking soda and water?

Once clean, all ya need is a quick spray of the "Protector" a few times a year. You'll never see corrosion or deposits again. And then you'll only use the "Cleaner" on your friends and neighbor's who neglect theirs.

CRC 03.jpg

I’d buy a new terminal and apply a thin coating of grease... end of problems for the life of the battery.

Or...
FACBA3C2-6321-4330-919B-40F0C3A73788.jpeg

Overkill for a stock fusible link connection to a + battery terminal. Useful if you’ve got 4 batteries, a 215 amp alternator, and an ACR type battery isolator.

Last edited:
What about the wiring coming off the battery? It's hanging on by only a few strands. I'm not even sure if there is a fusible link, it's all covered in electrical tape.

It needs to get dissected and cleaned up. Also I like to use welding cable, solder new copper eye connectors, and the military style terminals.

Check out @Fourrunner battery cables. Great product. I bought the battery cable kit and had him make me some winch cables. I’m very happy with them

3C02EA24-D680-466F-834D-C26831332A43.png

What about the wiring coming off the battery? It's hanging on by only a few strands. I'm not even sure if there is a fusible link, it's all covered in electrical tape.
What‘s it power? I’d chase that wire to function and then get it tied into an appropriate power source like a fuse box and not the battery terminal.

So that power wire usually comes off the starter terminal where the positive battery cable connects, and it goes into a fusible link, therefore the connections on the battery itself remain clean and clutter free. Mark @Coolerman can set you up with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom