Portsmouth Island 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@SeanLX clean out your inbox. We need to talk jerry cans.

I was trying not to think about it being salt water. The hitch was not underwater so it's not as deep as it looks and we went slow.

I was happy to drive home in the rain and will be under there with a pressure washer this weekend.

.. @lumbee1 it's cleaned out but might be worth starting another thread.

Isn't there an oil based undercoating you can use to keep the salt off? What about that never wet spray that puts a coating on everything? Hyperbolic thingamajig...

Isn't there an oil based undercoating you can use to keep the salt off? What about that never wet spray that puts a coating on everything? Hyperbolic thingamajig...

Fluid Film.

As long as the salt is washed off relatively soon after being exposed, everything will be fine, it's not like the truck will fall apart after one dunk in some brackish water.

This just fell out of my tailgate @GLTHFJ60.

image.jpg

Granted, I did loosen the bolts a little. But it did break while being exposed to the salt air!

Wonder if all the oil and ps fluid I leak will help me out for once :meh:

Looks awesome! I tell people that we really wanted to go and so many have no idea what I am talking about - long time NC folks. We hope to go next time!

Any pics of the village? How were the bugs? The usual response I get when talking about this trip is "oh there are too many bugs there."

Here are a few pics of the village. No bugs on Saturday with relatively high winds. We were there on Friday too (with no wind) and you couldn't even open the windows.

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

A few more pics from PI this year. Also had to repost one of my favorites of Ike from last year's PI trip.

thumb_IMG_0696_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0777_1024.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

Ike.jpg

Found a couple more pics...

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread