Builds Portland Troopy Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also replaced the windshield and weatherstrip. Had a developing crack in the windshield.

The gasket weatherstrip is 56121-60120

Windshield 56111-60220
You grab these from the local dealership?

I'm pretty sure that Cruiser Outfitters has this. I'm going to ask for another photo but my body guy Dario welded in new metal. I feel good about it. I was getting water on my floorboards but it's been dry now after some pretty good Portland rains.
Dario for the win!!

Some off highway driving this weekend.

9412A57F-26EB-47F1-B003-A5CB2D519807.jpeg

Got a new middle mat. Thanks Joe Katana for the super fast service and Gilmorneau for the lead.

922B46C2-E554-4FCF-AE01-13BEED4CE0F5.jpeg

AF931829-185F-4C7A-94BD-A0E6BA9CF1DB.jpeg

What are you doing for front seat belts? Guess I should look through the build again. 🤣

What are you doing for front seat belts? Guess I should look through the build again. 🤣
If that's a serious question, I'm using the original seat belts.

If that's a serious question, I'm using the original seat belts.
Always serious...mostly. Anyway yes I was serious here. Our seat belts are flat wore out and a joke. Thought maybe you ungraded to some fancy retractable ones.

Always serious...mostly. Anyway yes I was serious here. Our seat belts are flat wore out and a joke. Thought maybe you ungraded to some fancy retractable ones.
Did you check my build? I went through this process of replacing my belts.

Did you check my build? I went through this process of replacing my belts.
I'll check it out. I'm running out of things to do.

You have to scroll down to get to the seatbelt part. A few pages earlier is the first part of the seatbelt replacement saga.

Last edited:
The only sticker I have and not sure it’s staying.

BB725A8A-94DA-415F-9392-3DB9D99EF3D9.jpeg

It’s been a while since I’ve posted.

This is a life update more than anything else.

I worked from home for 16 months or so during the pandemic and really enjoyed it. My employer called everyone back into the office in April. I reluctantly returned to the office and pretty much immediately put my house up for sale. It sold in 3 days way over asking price and I then gave notice at work. I “moved” back to Arkansas in July (hot as hell) and worked remotely while they found someone to fill my position. It took them a while but long story I’ll be unemployed 12/1. No home. No job. Planned it this way but scary all the same.

So this is it I guess. I plan to be in Mexico after the first of the year living out of the Troopy and from there will likely continue the drive south. I have no idea where I may end up…….

The pic is from the place where I’m staying at a friends farm in W Ark.

66BD50E4-A7F1-4401-ABD3-02F013FE8EEE.jpeg

Wow. Awesome. Good luck! I've fantasized often about doing this same thing, but don't have the cajones to follow through. What did you do with all your 'stuff' when you sold your house? give it away, sell it or stuff it in storage? I'm a bit of a hoarder and haven't moved in 24 years, so no idea how I'd deal with downsizing and have all my possessions fit into a Troopy.

It’s been a while since I’ve posted.

This is a life update more than anything else.

I worked from home for 16 months or so during the pandemic and really enjoyed it. My employer called everyone back into the office in April. I reluctantly returned to the office and pretty much immediately put my house up for sale. It sold in 3 days way over asking price and I then gave notice at work. I “moved” back to Arkansas in July (hot as hell) and worked remotely while they found someone to fill my position. It took them a while but long story I’ll be unemployed 12/1. No home. No job. Planned it this way but scary all the same.

So this is it I guess. I plan to be in Mexico after the first of the year living out of the Troopy and from there will likely continue the drive south. I have no idea where I may end up…….

The pic is from the place where I’m staying at a friends farm in W Ark.

View attachment 2834529

Best way to do it. It’s liberating.

Enjoy the road, if you want any suggestions let me know. I have been as far as Panama by road three times.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom