Builds Portland Troopy Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder if the viscous power heater on some HD/HZ engines can be used to heat water instead of coolant. Not sure how warm it'll get though.
much easier to use a Heat exchanger to do the job .
take hot water from the radiator ,or motor block , and in 7-8 min , you heat up 40 L of water .

As soon as it quits raining in Portland (July 5th) I will post some pics of the latest mods.

cell booster antenna
New heavier duty struts for the alucab top
Iron Man driving lights

Recently installed a Weboost Cell booster. Thanks to Sharpecat for putting together a MUD discount buy. Thanks also to Daniel (lnukshuk) for the lead on the Rhino bracket used to install the external antenna on the 80/20 extrusion.

weBoost Drive 4G-X OTR 470210 | Free Shipping w/ 90 Day Guarantee (wilsonamplifiers.com)

I've had a chance to use the booster and it does work as long as you can get at least one bar of reception. You also need to hold your phone fairly close to the internal antenna.

The bracket is "robust" and it is easy to fold the antenna down and/or adjust it to an upright position when the top is up.
Weboost Bracket.jpeg
Weboost.jpeg

Weboost internal antenna.jpeg

Is there a minimum recommended distance from the internal antenna to persons? Just wondering ;)
I don't recall seeing anything in the printed material that came with the booster. I can tell you that you need to be within 3' for it to be most effective. Again, if you have one bar of service it will increase it to four.

Got around to installing Iron Ma
1613669336372.png
n driving lights. Turned dark to daytime. There is a switch on the dash that allows the lights to come on with high beams.

I have a new laptop and haven't
1613669850647.png
quite figured out how to attached photos.

Photo of the lights. Initially would have preferred a more old school, non-Led variety but they are very functional and low power draw.
58181EA0-27BE-4717-BEA9-C6AE7D27C6BC.jpeg

Got a “spot” of rust? I found out what was behind the spot.

B76F8974-0795-41A5-BE46-94CE6ECA069F.jpeg

2E3E4B22-5891-470F-ADE2-4D0BBDC1F0D8.jpeg

Bummer. Mine's way worse, I'm sure. I was just checking out Rare Spares in Aus. today. Looking for parts for my pig, but they had this piece for a 75 I think. Not sure if they ship to the U.S. though.

Bummer. Mine's way worse, I'm sure. I was just checking out Rare Spares in Aus. today. Looking for parts for my pig, but they had this piece for a 75 I think. Not sure if they ship to the U.S. though.
I'm pretty sure that Cruiser Outfitters has this. I'm going to ask for another photo but my body guy Dario welded in new metal. I feel good about it. I was getting water on my floorboards but it's been dry now after some pretty good Portland rains.

I also replaced the windshield and weatherstrip. Had a developing crack in the windshield.

The gasket weatherstrip is 56121-60120

Windshield 56111-60220

I'm pretty sure that Cruiser Outfitters has this. I'm going to ask for another photo but my body guy Dario welded in new metal. I feel good about it. I was getting water on my floorboards but it's been dry now after some pretty good Portland rains.
I need Dario in my life...

Last I checked they wouldn't ship that part to the US, they shipped us two floor pans though 🤷‍♂️

I'd try to find someone parting a 70 and chop it out like we did. Or have one fabbed up, it's a pretty simple part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom