Builds Portland Troopy Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 70/30 split of the Alucab hatch door is complete. Credit for the idea comes from Alet (Troepadoer) here on Mud. Thank you Alet.
Hatch Split 1.jpeg
Hatch Split 2.jpeg
Hatch Split 3.jpeg

I have attached some pics below. All that remains to be done is to cut the foam pad on the hatch.

More pics.
Hatch Split 4.jpeg
Hatch Split 5.jpeg
Hatch Split 6.jpeg

Hatch Split 7.jpeg
Hatch Split 8.jpeg

Added a fairing to the rack. Cleaned things up.
Rack Fairing.jpeg
Rack Fairing 2.jpeg

Trying to decide if the rack should be powder coated black or left as is....bare aluminum. Cost to PC is $250.

Love opinions.

We made a small rack for mine just to carry about 6 or so large bags of wood for those longer remote trips and after the first trip the PC on the floor part started coming off, so I would leave those bits that are going to work hard, bare ...

2c

Just curious, can you access the roof mounted spare tire by standing in an open door?
No. My plan is to access the spare by getting on the roof from the rear of the truck. It's a pretty simple 3 step process. I WILL then have to get around the solar panel(s) though. There seems to be a compromise of sorts with everything that you do. Ideally the spare wouldn't be on the roof but again, I just didn't have another place to keep it.

Man to have a garage tall enough to accommodate a Troopy PLUS all the stuff on top. =)
That's not happening. I live in Oregon, rains a LOT. But the Troopy will unfortunately for now be in the elements. I have a garage, FJ40. I have a carport. FJ62. I've had both of those longer than the Troopy and well, I'm just more attached to them.

I'll figure something out though. On the radar.

That's not happening. I live in Oregon, rains a LOT. But the Troopy will unfortunately for now be in the elements. I have a garage, FJ40. I have a carport. FJ62. I've had both of those longer than the Troopy and well, I'm just more attached to them.

I'll figure something out though. On the radar.

Ah, was that the fabricator's shop then in the pic above?
At least when I drive mine to work it can fit in my parking garage.=)

No. My plan is to access the spare by getting on the roof from the rear of the truck. It's a pretty simple 3 step process. I WILL then have to get around the solar panel(s) though. There seems to be a compromise of sorts with everything that you do. Ideally the spare wouldn't be on the roof but again, I just didn't have another place to keep it.
For a short period I carried my spare over the cab of my 75 Series Ute and prayed daily that I never needed it.
:lol:

Ah, was that the fabricator's shop then in the pic above?
At least when I drive mine to work it can fit in my parking garage.=)
Yes, the fab guy. WISH I had a garage like that.

Decided to powder coat the rack and I think it turned out very well.

The next project might be to add boxes to either side of the spare which will be pretty easy to do with the 80/20 extrusion. Really like that stuff. I may add another panel towards the back of the truck although the single panel did really, really well over a 4 day trip last week. Can't say enough good things about the Victron charge controller. I like the blue tooth feature and it gives all the information I need to monitor the battery and charge coming in through the panel.
top4.jpg
top5.jpg
charge controller 2.jpg

Decided to powder coat the rack and I think it turned out very well.

The next project might be to add boxes to either side of the spare which will be pretty easy to do with the 80/20 extrusion. Really like that stuff. I may add another panel towards the back of the truck although the single panel did really, really well over a 4 day trip last week. Can't say enough good things about the Victron charge controller. I like the blue tooth feature and it gives all the information I need to monitor the battery and charge coming in through the panel. View attachment 2351658View attachment 2351660View attachment 2351661

Is that a 100W panel?
I echo your sentiment regarding the Victron controller. Mine coupled with a 100W panel was plenty to stay remote for 4 days... no power issues.

What are you running off yours?

Is that a 100W panel?
I echo your sentiment regarding the Victron controller. Mine coupled with a 100W panel was plenty to stay remote for 4 days... no power issues.

What are you running off yours?
It’s a 130w panel powering a 100amp hour lithium.

....and running a refrigerator, lights. In the winter prob more lights and the heater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom