Portland DEQ questions. LS Swapped FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all I was wondering if any of you guys or anyone you know have any issues passing DEQ in portland for LS Swapped vehicles? The vehicle will have 2 Catalytic converters, no engine codes, and obd2. Its an 87 fj60. Any help is greatly appreciated.

So I dont have a LS, but did put a sniper on my 2F. I went to DEQ and they didnt care about anything other than a quick peek to see it has a catalytic converter and then they put in a sensor tube in the tailpipe and had me run it up to 2k and then back to idle. So its safe to say you can just roll up and theyll just do it the same way once they put in the VIN and see it doesnt have an OBD2 port. As long as it passes the tailpipe numbers youre good. They didnt pop the hood at all.

So I dont have a LS, but did put a sniper on my 2F. I went to DEQ and they didnt care about anything other than a quick peek to see it has a catalytic converter and then they put in a sensor tube in the tailpipe and had me run it up to 2k and then back to idle. So its safe to say you can just roll up and theyll just do it the same way once they put in the VIN and see it doesnt have an OBD2 port. As long as it passes the tailpipe numbers youre good. They didnt pop the hood at all.
oh man its only 2k rpm?! I thought they were going to do like a pull on it hahaha Ill hide my obd2 port if thats the case. My 5.3 has two cats on it and runs 50% cleaner than the 2f it replaced. Thanks for the info man

Yeah, youll have no problem. I didnt pass but was alllllmost there just a hair high on CO levels so might just retard the timing slightly and try again. Its free to try, only have to pay if you pass and want it registered. Yeah dont mention the obd2 and theyll put the sensor in the tailpipe. But then again it might read better levels if you do plug into the obd2… good luck, let me know how it goes.

Yeah, youll have no problem. I didnt pass but was alllllmost there just a hair high on CO levels so might just retard the timing slightly and try again. Its free to try, only have to pay if you pass and want it registered. Yeah dont mention the obd2 and theyll put the sensor in the tailpipe. But then again it might read better levels if you do plug into the obd2… good luck, let me know how it goes.
Will do. We’re still waiting to hear back if we’re being moved out there for work or not. Just trying to get ahead on certain things if possible haha

yes, this is how my 60 is registered. there are restrictions as noted in the pdf, but for a weekend/camping truck it's the only avenue Oregon provides for specialty registration. TLCA membership *should* satisfy the club requirement though I've never been questioned about it.

it's also a permanent reg so you don't have to do biannual renewal for new stickers/tabs, which is nice

Will do. We’re still waiting to hear back if we’re being moved out there for work or not. Just trying to get ahead on certain things if possible haha
Pray that you don’t get moved there. I was born and raised in Portland. It’s become a hell hole.

Pray that you don’t get moved there. I was born and raised in Portland. It’s become a hell hole.
haha i grew up there and i still go back and visit family quite a bit. Im trading extreme gun violence where i live for extreme homelessness in pdx. its a tradeoff but im not even moving to multnomah county so its a win for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom