Porting 3b diesel head (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it worth removing this ridge near the exhaust valve seat while i have the head off?

Intake side dosnt seem to bad compared to the exhaust

20170622_140625.jpg

20170622_140621.jpg

Thanks .

Did you notice any difference after porting it?

I removed the ridge with my die grinder and it looks much less restrictive. Rest of the port doant look to bad

I've got my 3B head off now, I can't believe the ledge on the pushrod side (long turn) of the intake ports. All it's going to do is unstick all the air from the port wall and push it the wrong bloody way across the back of the valve?!

I'm smoothing out the ridges trying to leave as large of a radius as possible, knocking the dags off the ports and generally smoothing a few things out. The dags in the exhaust port are particularly nasty. I might port match the intake if I'm not sick of this by then.

Overall the 3B ports are better designed than I expected but the parts just before the valve seat are pretty WTF. Obviously I don't just happen to have a flow bench on hand but I reckon a quick tidy up is certainly going to be beneficial. You can't argue with free.

Later on I'll whack the port dimensions through pipemax. Being turbo diesel a lot of the info is irrelevant but it does give advice on port minimum cross sectional area and cam selection which is interesting.

Good to know. I will be doing mine when the head has to come off.

How many kms before a routine precup swap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom