Portable propane Tankless water heater for camping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
friend had something similar, nice unit. but you still need to feed it water.

of course, so the question would be whether you would have a tap with cold water nearby or some source of natural water that you can just pump up from, and yet no hot water source. Maybe not obvious. Many/most of the developed campgrounds in the US I've been to that have tap water also have hot showers, admittedly. But that still leaves the unimproved or wild campsites near mountain streams and lakes and the like.

but anyway, nice to see another approach besides the little gizmos I was familiar with.

friend had something similar, nice unit. but you still need to feed it water.

I use the Flojet LF122202A water pump 12V to pump water from lakes or rivers to the Eccotemp L5. There are a few other people who use the same pump model. It's reliable and provides good water pressure. It's an on demand pump so when you stop the water from the Eccotemp the pump stops as well, Very handy.
You can find it here: Flojet Water Pump

Last edited:
just saw this
interesting
seems much more substantial than the little "modified stove" affairs

no idea if it's any good though and a bit large maybe without a trailer

but good to know about. Possible major good Karma (and snuggling?) with the :princess: if you'd bring this along? That's easily worth a bit over $100... :)

Portable Tankless Water Heater, Camping Accessories, Eccotemp Systems, Patio Shower Lp Powered Camp Shower Propane Water Heater Outside Outdoor Hot Instant Hot at Sportsman's Guide

My brother in-law has been using this unit for a while now. He sets it up in the horse trailer for privacy and has a water source near by. Its a great little unit. Over a weekend we probably use it for 20-30 showers. Yes there is a lot of us. Very easy to set up and use. I would recommend it.

We've got a Camp Chef hot water heater that is a dead ringer for the one at the Sportsman's Guide link.

Made a bracket that let it hang on the lip of our M101. Water input is via a Reliance battery-shower pump, which I drop into one of the 5 gallon jugs sitting ion the bed of the M101. Propane tank is on the tongue, so everything is easy to set-up once I break it out of the wooden box I built to carry it.

However, for two reasons, we don't use this water heater directly to shower. First, it can get real hot, real fast. Don't allow kids to use this for showering without close supervision. Second, you have to fiddle with the controls a little bit to get a happy medium, so you can run a bit of water out before you get it about right.

So to solve both problems, safety and overuse, we run the heated water into a bucket. Then we use a separate Reliance shower to actually shower with . That way we get the water just right in temp and it limits water consumption. Everyone gets one bucket of water for a shower. I'd be cheating big time otherwise, as I like my showers:idea:

Water conservation in the sticks can be a problem, so anticipate how fast one of these things can make water before you use too much up. They're so efficient, you'll have no problem hauling all the gas you need to heat with, but you'll never be able to haul enough water to make full use of the heater's capacity either.

Have the Ecotemp unit, use it at my house to shower everyday and hot water for my sink. Been using it for almost a year running on a garden hose. When camping I use a Sureflo 12volt pump with a 7 gallon water tank set up to feed the pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom