1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Fridge

Discussion in 'Camping & Outdoor Gear' started by blupaddler, Feb 14, 2004.

1. blupaddler

blupaddler

I tried the search for fridge, but did not really get any answers to my questions. So here we go :p

I have been considering one of the portable fridge/freezers (ARb, ENGEL, ??). Just curious who of you have one? How or Where did you mount it? Which model did you chose and why? Where did you get the fridge from? How do you like it so far, general impressions, etc.?

2. Landpimp

Landpimp

I have an ARB and I LOVE it. Got it right from ARB....cause I pulled at ARB rep out of the ocean ;)

[​IMG]

3. ParadiseCruiser

ParadiseCruiser

Blu -

I acquired a 3.5 cu ft 12v DC / 110v AC from the appliance department of a large department store so long ago, I cannot even remember which one. This thing has outlasted two rigs, and is now used in a third - still running strong.

My point is, that you might be surprised what you can find in the local marketplace, or from RV or marine dealers, without going to the high $$ of the traditional brands that a lot of the wheelers use. Junky? Yep. But it's older than some of the younger members on this board, been down more trails you can count, and still makes ice like a champ.

Cheers, R -

4. Junk

Junk

blu,
    I have the large ARB and love it. It's my second ARB. Had the mid size but sold it to get even more capacity. :D

Basically, ARB, Norcold and Engel are all the same (so I believe), just different color paints. Engels are sold more through RV channels and ARB through wheeling places. I think Norcold goes more through marine, but am confident they are all made by Norcold.

I'll see if I can get shed guy to come over and make a post on this topic. He's in OZ and most over there have them.

I found it surprising how much I use mine. It's used all the time.