Porkchop Party! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pighead

Stop calling it an FJ
Threads
We had an impromptu little gathering, guest of honor was a 1970 FJ55. The partygoers descended like vultures, or swarmed like pirahnas (you know, the hungry little amazonian fishes).
Here's the "before" pictures:
2004_0824Image0001.JPG
2004_0824Image0002.JPG

Oh, the subject is the blue-and-white '55. The short blue-and-white '55 with one red fender.
During...
2004_0824Image0003.JPG
2004_0824Image0005.JPG

(burp)
2004_0824Image0004.JPG
2004_0824Image0006.JPG

Is that a fat(rust)-free rear quarter there? mmm bacon...

nial

poor little Piggy

Just wondering why you decided to chew it up instead of returning it to its road worthy glory? It didnt look to bad in that first pic.

ahhh...reminds me of my "death of a pig" photo series from a few years back...i was soo sad...i'm still soo sad...memories.....

Well, that is a good question Clemson, fortunately not my decision...
for we all know that is the hardest call for any Pig-lover to make.
But Ron needed the tailgate, rear quarters and door sills to repair his Pig, 55guy needed the door post, Bob needed the roof and I'll pick up just about anything left over.
Geographic/cultural differences also apply. Sure, this Pig didn't look too bad to you, but I've seen some of the Pigs bought and sold as runners back east...

clemson55 said:
Just wondering why you decided to chew it up instead of returning it to its road worthy glory? It didnt look to bad in that first pic.

Yeah it looked pretty good to me. But I could have stuck my head through the floorboards of mine when I bought it. At least pieces of it will live on. What are you going to do with the rest of it. Looks like theres still some good engine parts and stuff there.

I'm going to travel out and visit it (100 miles or so from me) next weekend for the springs, chunks, rear axle shafts and any little bits and pieces I've forgotten.
Sure, it's got a complete early F. But it doesn't have anything I don't already have 2 or 3 of...except the holley carb, and I've got no use for that.

My "cut"...
2004_0824Image0001.JPG

Would there happen to be a rear drivers side door left over?You know for day- after thanksgiving sandwitch's. Hopefully fat/rust free. :)

Hmm...I'll take a look...I know I've got 3 more driverside rear doors somewhere around here.

short bus said:
Would there happen to be a rear drivers side door left over?You know for day- after thanksgiving sandwitch's. Hopefully fat/rust free. :)
2004_0824Image0001.JPG
2004_0824Image0003.JPG
2004_0824Image0004.JPG

Looks good! Are you willing to part with? and price? I'm working in Woodland,Ca could pick up.
thanks Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom