POR-15 vs Hirsch miracle paint product ranges of rust-preventive coatings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Probably not an 80 series specific thing, but as I use it with my 80 here we go....

I've made good use of POR-15 products to repair/treat external high-wear painted areas of my 80 series chassis and drivetrain, and also when I fully-refurbished a tradies-type tool trailer to be my 'mobile toolshed'.

The Australian importer of POR-15 stopped importing the range, so it's no longer available except any leftover unsold stock that paint/body supplies places still have.

Now the go-to stuff is Hirsch miracle paint which seems to be the same sort of moisture-cured product.

For any of you who use this stuff a lot more than me, have you used both the POR-15 range and the Hirsch range to compare their similar products?

With POR-15, I've used the gloss black eponymous coating and the two prep products. Hirsch seems to have the same type of deal.

How do they compare?

Are they effectively fully interchangable product lines? ie. I still have a couple of 1 L tins of gloss black POR-15. PPC no longer sells POR-15's branded marine clean or metal ready but have their own branded ones (which i think are less effective but still do the job). Can Hirsch clean and prep products by used with POR-15 topcoat or only with Hirsch topcoat?

What else is different that needs to be considered?

Craig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom