Popular fj40 color (1 Viewer)

What color to paint for a fj40 4 sale?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I`am going to build my fj40 up to sell it, it needs to be painted, Im was wondering what was the most popular color for the fj40 ?

Although I painted mine BRG, I think the Olive Brown or green are really the Bee's Knees. The Cat's Ass, so to speak. But all cruiser colors, with the possible exception of that pukey Sea Foam Green, are cool. BTW, mine was SFG before the sandblasting. Just do a good job of painting.

GL

Ed

Last edited:
The original color or Dune Beige. Way too many red ones around, and personally I'd never buy another red car unless it has clearcoat. Red just doesn't seem to hold up well.

Like there is anything other than

R E D.

HalJohn7-25-17.jpg

:beer:

P-O-S-E-R.....
It is NOT the COLOR that makes your rig cool.

Ige, it may work for you but I hated it, SFG, that is.

Dune Beige.....hmmmm....I........LIKE.......IT!!!!!
(Chevy Chase, "Modern Problems")

Ed

Actually, at least in the southwest, cygnus white is the color of choice for resale, just like in all other vehicles, white is tops. Desert sand and dune beige sell well also. Personally, I'm a big fan of the deep green, but some folks wouldn't have it. My first 60 way back in 84 was desert sand, and I gotta say I'm about sick of it, personally. I detest the robins egg blue 40's and the light metallic blue 60's. Way too weak for a tough truck imho.

Probably best to paint it an OEM color for resale. Red is very eye catching. If you were gonna keep it I'd say paint it green !
green.jpg

Degnol said:
Ige, it may work for you but I hated it, SFG, that is.

My 40 started out SFG. Couldn't live with it.

Now, it's starting to come through in places. :rolleyes:
DSCN2600 (Small).JPG

Mine was originally Red, but now I have Herculiner all over the body, and I mean everywhere.
I like my blazer color, Kahki olive drab.

Last edited:
Original color. Especially if you're going to sell it. And, especially if it's dune beige.

Last edited:
40's seem to look better in lighter shades.

Ideal cruiser...

IDave,

At least the seafoam 40 is unique now, and looks startlingly good in your picture.
Most of the other colors bore me anymore 'cause so many people use them - over and over, it's like seeing a lot full of same color Hyundias around here.

The original color supposedly will make it worth more. Especially if you aren't painting under the hood. My truck was originally the smurf blue color, I bought it in primer and painted it a non-metallic forest green. Looked very cool. I redid the whole truck last year and painted it bright red. It gets lots of attention, way more compliments on the red then green. From the outside, both paint jobs are/were about the same. I like red personally, so I am biased, but it's one of your choices, so I say red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom