Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, a little sample part arrived...

Just a teaser..................................................FOR NOW!

HAVE A NICE DAY!

J

View attachment 2058425View attachment 2058426View attachment 2058427View attachment 2058428View attachment 2058429

I like the glittery blue color šŸ˜

Any market in repro the headlight washer reservoir?
I donā€™t know anyone that has a good one or can actually use one.

Thankfully early 60ā€™s didnā€™t get gifted with that concern.

I like the glittery blue color šŸ˜

Any market in repro the headlight washer reservoir?
I donā€™t know anyone that has a good one or can actually use one.

Thankfully early 60ā€™s didnā€™t get gifted with that concern.

I've looked into the reservoir a couple times now. Unless 1000 piece quantity order, the costs are astronomical.

These clamshells are blow mold injected and an overrun from someone else's roll of the dice several years ago. They basically said they got tired of dealing with them. They are all blue.... nothing I can do about that. I'm waiting on a final count and price. The fit is perfect. I bought 4 of them. One for Poppy and one for DINGO. I'll paint them both with SEM Color Coat.

Funny thing is they contacted me to see if I was interested. WELL YEAH! Anything else for a 60??? They are looking to see if they or their old partners have anything else left for the 60s.

J

I've looked into the reservoir a couple times now. Unless 1000 piece quantity order, the costs are astronomical.

These clamshells are blow mold injected and an overrun from someone else's roll of the dice several years ago. They basically said they got tired of dealing with them. They are all blue.... nothing I can do about that. I'm waiting on a final count and price. The fit is perfect. I bought 4 of them. One for Poppy and one for DINGO. I'll paint them both with SEM Color Coat.

Funny thing is they contacted me to see if I was interested. WELL YEAH! Anything else for a 60??? They are looking to see if they or their old partners have anything else left for the 60s.

J

People reaching out to you for 60 series stuff. Looks like you have established yourself.

Think that would be a good place to be.

Congrats.

Also, @kelly saad arrived late last night and got started on the body work mid-morning.

We have about a week to knock out DINGO and Poppy... YEP... 2 at once...

@kelly saad will be cross referencing his 100 series paint thread with the paint and body on DINGO and Poppy as well.

J

1st round of filler and sanding.

Plans are to hopefully knock everything out tomorrow and paint on Sunday.

J

IMG_20190816_122609503.jpg
IMG_20190816_153209797.jpg
IMG_20190816_122627519.jpg
IMG_20190816_144725320.jpg

Looks great! Did you set up a temp paint booth in the shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom