Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden eh, any chance u gonna have a BIG shop to store a sled for me??? Hihi, Thats kool,when i get back west to work i could stop by some time ?? I often work in Calgary on hail storms !

I'll eventually have a shop and cabin there for summers. Its northeast of Golden towards Yoho and Banff.

J

YEP! ENABLER STRIKES AGAIN.. :cool:

We bought the land in Deer Park, WA and have the land in Golden, BC... NOW LOOKING AT LAND AND HOMES BACK IN PINEDALE, WY :bang::bang: Where Andrea and I met and spent a few years.

J
Darn, no WA move now?

Best thing about money is you can't take it to the grave with you so might as well enjoy it while you can! I can see it now, Trail Tailor establishments/warehouses all over the US.... So what are the addresses of these places again???! You know... just so I can send Xmas cards to them oh and in case the zombie apocalypse happens!

Best thing about money is you can't take it to the grave with you so might as well enjoy it while you can! I can see it now, Trail Tailor establishments/warehouses all over the US.... So what are the addresses of these places again???! You know... just so I can send Xmas cards to them oh and in case the zombie apocalypse happens!

Not a chance... employees suck! If Andrea and I need help, we'll scale back yet again.

Like I said, I do this for fun and to support guys that support me.

J

Not a chance... employees suck! If Andrea and I need help, we'll scale back yet again.

Like I said, I do this for fun and to support guys that support me.

J
Oh I know... was giving you crap... but your places would be a first stop in the case of the zombie apocalypse for parts and ammo!

Do you have any more pics on this. This is how i am thinking for my front bumper as well. I plan to keep mine as stock as possible. I am already with a lift so not much i can do there. but the rest will be stock, with one hell of a Roof Rack.

SAM_0055.JPG

Do you have any more pics on this. This is how i am thinking for my front bumper as well. I plan to keep mine as stock as possible. I am already with a lift so not much i can do there. but the rest will be stock, with one hell of a Roof Rack.

View attachment 1369184
I agree... it would be awesome if you did a small write-up on what you did and why. I have no desire to get ride of my stock bumper but would love to be able to add a winch in the future and this fits my situation perfectly.

View attachment 1369184

I agree... it would be awesome if you did a small write-up on what you did and why. I have no desire to get ride of my stock bumper but would love to be able to add a winch in the future and this fits my situation perfectly.

Basically just remove the bumper mounts, drill new holes 1.5 to 1.75" back and reinstall. If you keep the tow hook, just move the holes forward the same distance as you moved the bumper mounts. Make a winch plate from 1/4" plate to fit in the frame channels. Mark the 4 winch holes (4.5" x 10") Make a short fairlead plate to fit behind bumper shell. Notch the shell to match the winch profile. Bolt the winch up and install shell with factory hardware.

J

Basically just remove the bumper mounts, drill new holes 1.5 to 1.75" back and reinstall. If you keep the tow hook, just move the holes forward the same distance as you moved the bumper mounts. Make a winch plate from 1/4" plate to fit in the frame channels. Mark the 4 winch holes (4.5" x 10") Make a short fairlead plate to fit behind bumper shell. Notch the shell to match the winch profile. Bolt the winch up and install shell with factory hardware.

J

yep. simple as that, huh. :)

J
Thanks Jason

Sounds simple for a master fabricator.

Ha.Ha.

LOL... I think I just got the "deer in headlights" look as I was reading that. I am a kinesthetic/tactial learner so I have to see/do for it to make sense. I might as well have been reading that in Spanish (which I do speak and read) LOL!

Na it is all good. I think we get the jist of it.

Sounds rather simple actually. If you understand how the bumper bolts on it is easy.

The drilling horizontally into the frame doesn't sound to fun to me. That's always a killer on my body.

Last round of the standard 60 bumpers getting built up. Some have asked if I will build anymore bumpers.. YES, but they are on a one by one TRUE CUSTOM basis. Inquire if interested.

60, 80, 100 and 200 sliders are KEEPING ME BUSY! Not to mention the 60 steering box rebuilds.. just started this offering.

J

IMG_20161229_122145006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom