Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After witnessing what our dogs did to the cargo carpet, vinyl is the only way to go for us. hahaha. I like the look of the carpet but the dog hair never comes out.

After witnessing what our dogs did to the cargo carpet, vinyl is the only way to go for us. hahaha. I like the look of the carpet but the dog hair never comes out.

I'm actually thinking carpet up front and vinyl for the cargo and wheel well covers. Happy medium I suppose.

J

I think carpet will look cleaner. Just get a good set of floor mats!

My truck still has the factory vinyl interior and I love how easy it is to clean compared to carpet.

DRUM ROLL...............................................

J

View attachment 1198230 View attachment 1198231 View attachment 1198232

Excuse the dumb question, but I'm trying to figure out what happens to the bumper if the winch cable starts rubbing on the fairlead while under load? Wouldnt that possibly bend the bumper as the fairlead is bolted onto it?

I am just used to seeing fairleads on stout bullbars whereby if the cable is pulling sideways, the strength of the bullbar is such that it doesnt fold aeound the area of the fairlead.

The set up is brilliant, so definitely want to replicate it for my 62.

Cheers!

Excuse the dumb question, but I'm trying to figure out what happens to the bumper if the winch cable starts rubbing on the fairlead while under load? Wouldnt that possibly bend the bumper as the fairlead is bolted onto it?

I am just used to seeing fairleads on stout bullbars whereby if the cable is pulling sideways, the strength of the bullbar is such that it doesnt fold aeound the area of the fairlead.

The set up is brilliant, so definitely want to replicate it for my 62.

Cheers!

No dumb questions. I'm not worried about that one bit for my application. If you go this route you can always run a inner vertical plate off the main horizontal winch plate. Then bolt the fairlead, bumper face, and vertical plate together to beef things up.

J

This post is heartbreaking...........

The custom rear I built for @MBurroughs was stolen along with his truck the day after he got it back from the powder coater and installed it.

If anyone sees this rig, please contact Mike and the local authorities. If you can't get a hold of Mike please PM or call me and I will do all I can to help with the recovery of his rig.

Jason

MB.png

This post is heartbreaking...........

The custom rear I built for @MBurroughs was stolen along with his truck the day after he got it back from the powder coater and installed it.

If anyone sees this rig, please contact Mike and the local authorities. If you can't get a hold of Mike please PM or call me and I will do all I can to help with the recovery of his rig.

Jason

View attachment 1237718

Jason

What area was this truck in when it was stolen?

Thanks

I will keep an eye on the local parts sales etc. just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom