Popped her cherry today!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
Popped her cherry today!!!! with pics

Went up to the Badlands (Attica, IN) my friends were up there for Zuki melt and wanted me to come up.

I must say I am completely impressed with the 80. No lockers, all stock with 33x12.5's. She is was one bad beast. I had more traction than my buddies Samuri's. Hardely sliped a tire unless I wanted to. However she is huge and difficult to manuver on those tight trails. I came away after a hard day of wheeling with only extremely minor body damage (a few scratches) I did bottom out the drivers side rocker but I had a feeling I was going to and was going real slow, nothing more than a scratch.

They put me through a water and mud hole up to the bumper and she just kept on chugging. All of my Zuki friends are extremely impressed and thought I would be getting winched a few times. Hell I never even had to back out.

I'll get pics on as soon as they get developed and I scan them into my puter.

And that reese hitch in back is a dragging pain it's coming off there. :grinpimp:

Last edited:
peebles24 said:
And that reese hitch in back is a dragging pain it's coming off there. :grinpimp:

I would second guess this decision...look at it like body armor...better dragging that than the bumper or tail pipe...

After LSLC Roundup my safety chain loops are bent up, looks like it is smiling at you! :D

Glad you had fun....have fun getting it clean! :bounce:

Sounds like you had fun. But this thread is usless without pics :flipoff2:

TX_TLC said:
I would second guess this decision...look at it like body armor...better dragging that than the bumper or tail pipe...

I agree to disagree :). If the hitcher was removed i doubt you would hit anything. Unless it's an extreme angle.

Pebbles,
Glad to hear you made it to Badlands. You should go after a good and soaking rain, then the really fun begins. That's were talent is developed for avoiding body damage.

The hitch does a somewhat decent job of kind of protecting the spare.

Well, no it doesn't really...but I used to like to think it did.

concretejungle said:
I agree to disagree :). If the hitcher was removed i doubt you would hit anything. Unless it's an extreme angle.

Don't bet on it. My Slee has a slightly better departure than stock and I drag it all over the place.

It's a long tailed wagon - the factory hitch is less of a clearance issue than it is a rear protection device. Unless you're backing up, which would be a royal pain in the, er, hitch...

DougM

The thow hitch on my stock 91 on 31x9.50s has saved my rear bumper many a times. If you land on it your landing on metal not your bumper or frame. Keep it on there.

I see no 80 series! :flipoff2:

Ok I got rid of the samurai pics and here is the ones of my beast. :bounce:

Last edited:
How about a couple more. I had real problems doing this because my PC crashed this morning and I had to use my wifes Apple G4. I hate apple's :mad:

Last edited:
peebles24 said:
How about a couple more. I had real problems doing this because my PC crashed this morning and I had to use my wifes Apple G4. I hate apple's :mad:

Peebs,
Did you hit the rockers on that hill? I munched it on one of thoses.

Jim

I barley rubbed my drivers side drip rail on one hill but I was extremely careful. I would have probably mashed the rocker had I not had been paying a ton of attention and going extremely slow.

I believe that the hill I rubbed on was the one the trail that leads up out of the cory (there is a pic of me going up the fairly steep rock face entering that trail) it was probably the forth or fifth hill maybe more or less, the adreniline rush has it all quite a blur. I can gaurantee it was quite exhilerating running those trails, I was afraid I was going to tear it up at every turn. I've been OFF ROADING before but nothing like that. I had no idea what a real ORV park was really like.

Last edited:
cruiserdan said:
Don't bet on it. My Slee has a slightly better departure than stock and I drag it all over the place.

Are you really telling us you drag your arse all over the place Dan? :D Pics are not necessary. hehehe

Sweet 80...thats awesome that a stock 80 with no lockers can do that well, goes to show you how well they are made.. impressive!! Is that your first time wheelin since you got it? What else are you planing on doing to it?

First time yes. Plan on sliders then bumpers and winch and spare tire carrier and probably a set of air lockers hope it last as long as it will take me to come up with that much money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom