Pop quiz: What does this plug go to? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought my first FJ about a month ago. On Sunday I took the power washer to the undercarriage to clean off all the gunk and identify leaks. Afterwards, the truck wouldn't start. Then I noticed a vacuum hose that popped off. I put it back on. Then the truck started. Not sure if it was because of the vacuum hose or just needed to dry out. Then I washed some more and it wouldn't start again. I went underneath and noticed this plug that is not plugged in. In the center of the picture. Couldn't figure out where it goes. Not sure if the power washer knocked it loose or if it was never plugged it. Anyway, waited a little while and the car started again. The next morning I started the truck and it smoked a lot but then went away, however under the hood still smells like burning a little.

Thoughts on this plug or what might be causing the burning smell?

IMG_0363.JPG

Not sure what the plug is, but it looks filthy so I am going to say it was already unplugged.

Welcome to mud and the cruiser life...

Burning could be dislodged dirt burning off the exhaust.

PS: We typicall reserve "FJ" for the FJCruiser. Your truck would typically be called a cruiser, fj60, 60 etc... just sayin'

I dont but have the same dead end plug. Noticed it on mine last night while i was lamenting my personal ecological holocost of life fluids slowly escaping my trusty steeds grasp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom