“Pop, pop, pop…” sound from intake manifold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Strange, “Pop, pop, pop…” sound from intake manifold

When I advance the throttle from idle I hear a, “pop, pop, pop…” sound coming from the intake manifold, I think. The noise has become progressively louder during the past week. The noise is only present during accelerations, once a desired RPM is selected the sound stops and the truck seems to continue running fine. No notice in power loss.

Any theories or solutions for a fix would be greatly appreciated.

could be lots of things but check the big hose between the vaf or maf and the throttle body. these hoses harden and split and open up more during acceleration

Problem solved!!! It turned out to be a loose spark plug. The exhaust gas was shooting out around the plug causing the, "Pop, pop, pop..."

Thanks everyone for all the great support!

Thank you to IH8MUD and this 10-year old thread! I was tearing my hair out troubleshoot this thing on my FJ62 3-FE with similar symptoms. Intermittent popping sounds when accelerating in first gear, after a cold start, in the 1000-2000 RPM range - issue subsides and disappears as car warms up or running in higher gears.

Figured I try to tighten spark plugs before I jump to more expensive or time consuming solutions. So far on my first test drive, it seemed to have solved it!

Thank you to IH8MUD and this 10-year old thread! I was tearing my hair out troubleshoot this thing on my FJ62 3-FE with similar symptoms. Intermittent popping sounds when accelerating in first gear, after a cold start, in the 1000-2000 RPM range - issue subsides and disappears as car warms up or running in higher gears.

Figured I try to tighten spark plugs before I jump to more expensive or time consuming solutions. So far on my first test drive, it seemed to have solved it!

Cool, but I bet in OP’s case, the Hyperdrive was somehow involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom