Pontoon boats

What's your experience with a pontoon boat, if any? I know, I know, I grew up sailing and have owned 2 sailboats so this is a difficult (if not embarrassing) question to ask. Somebody I know shared with me her :princess: experience on one, and well, sounded like a great time. Just motor out into your favorite bod o' water , drop anchor and party/relax/swim...whatever. Anyone know average weight of these party barges? Thx. :beer:

One of my bud's has one, he calls it the "Ho-asis", very cool. They're kinda of a bitch to trailer and put in but lots of fun on the water. Pontoons are preferred over deck boats here and if you take yer time can usually find good deals.

I'll find out this summer--friends just bought one to moor at their lake house, we're #1 on the invite list. :D Fishing on one end, swimming on the other, beering all around. If you don't hear from me, then :flipoff2: :D

When I was in highschool we took the frame of a pontoon boat and built a deck on it, built a ledge around it and covered it in sand. Then we put a bunch of lawn chairs on it, a inflatable palm tree, and some flags. That thing was awesome. We got pulled over one day by the water patrol cause they wanted to look at it, it wasn't registered or anything. They didn't even care cause they got such a kick out of it. It was pimp, I wish I had some pictures of it.

Personally I prefer deck boats, although they are more expensive. My friend had a deck boat that would easily do mid 50's with 10 people on board. My seadoo jet boat would barely out run it with 3 people on board.

Critter said:
When I was in highschool we took the frame of a pontoon boat and built a deck on it, built a ledge around it and covered it in sand. Then we put a bunch of lawn chairs on it, a inflatable palm tree, and some flags. That thing was awesome. We got pulled over one day by the water patrol cause they wanted to look at it, it wasn't registered or anything. They didn't even care cause they got such a kick out of it. It was pimp, I wish I had some pictures of it.
Dude, they can't ticket an unlicensed island. Duh! :D

Top Bottom