Poly gas tank to new OEM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
about 20 years ago I replaced a leaky oem tank with a CCOT poly tank. After 20 years of gas fumes and reduced capacity I have ordered a new OEM tank.
I recall when I put in the poly tank the tank connections were different so I had to adapt the filler hose which means I'll need new hoses that are NLA. I see lots of folks installing new OEM tanks- what are people using for filler and vent hose?

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 7.04.35 AM.png

Last edited:
Try Classic Cruisers, they might have a used hose that'll work. or maybe these guys:
1655558699275.png

1655558725475.png

My '77 had a new hose on it when I bought it recently, so they are still available. I have no idea where it came from.

Last edited:
Not sure if yours is the same, but for my 77' FJ40 I did this:
1655564567084.png

I'd highly suggest getting a reputable supplier of a 2" ID fuel hose with a pre-molded 45 degree bend. A few years ago, I used the Goodyear (Continential) part number #59202 and cut it to size.

Napa should have the "generic" hoses you need. They sell filler neck hose with 90s and the vent hoses is just 1/2 fuel line.

I bought a replica tank from CCOT to replace the poly tank in mine. I got the filler hose from them as well. It's a replica, not Toyota.

I haven't put it in yet and won't be doing it myself. So I won't be able to say how well it fit.

just skip using their "rubber" filler hose....it's complete crap. mine barely lasted 18months before it broke down to point of it leaking.

jan16fuel.jpg

jan16fuel2.jpg

jan16fuel3.jpg

to clarify I have a 10/73 FJ40. I recall from when I bought the CCOT poly tank it was reduced capacity compared to the original tank, albeit the original tank already smaller than the earlier tanks.

The information about the Gates and continental 90 deg 2” hose is perfect and exactly what I needed. I have the gates on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom