pollution tube routing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this is for my 3b in my 4runner

wheeling season is fast approaching, just trying to take care of some loose ends... my donor engine had the 1" crackcase case vent tube coming out of the rocker cover, where should i run this thing? i was thinking diesel exhaust would have too much heat and pressure to connect the CCV to. i was also considering running it into my intake (2" ABS snorkel, filter on top). or should i just run it over the average waterline on my truck? in any case, i plan to use 1" ID heater hose and the only reason i'm choosing to take care of this is because i don't want water in the crankcase, as my engine doesn't seem to have enough blowby to keep water out...

i'm guessing this routed to the airbox in stock cruisers?

yeah, that one. sure it didn't go to airbox, stock?

worried if i stall or get stuck in a deep crossing... last year i got stuck and had to leave my truck overnight on a trail, water up to the valve cover on my old 22re.

in the same situation with the 3B, i'd probably suck water into the crankcase through that pipe, if not when running or sitting in deep water, then the next morning when i go to crank and start the thing

Stock they vent down and out. Generally blowing on the ujoint right below. No need to hook it up to anything.

But if you feel compelled, some hook it up to the intake just after the filter to burn off the vapour. Not a bad idea. But not really needed.

Up to you.

Another thing that has been done is to run heater hose from it into yor frame rail, this way you get a nice steady amount of oil pumped in to "help" the rust issue. The only set back is whatever work you do to the frame it gets messy.

Stock they vent down and out. Generally blowing on the ujoint right below. No need to hook it up to anything.

But if you feel compelled, some hook it up to the intake just after the filter to burn off the vapour. Not a bad idea. But not really needed.

Up to you.

Since the pipe points down, wouldn't the oil get jammed back up to the engine if it gets routed upwards?

Put it inline close to the throttle body the gases will get sucked into the engine and if you set it up so the oil drains back into the engine your golden,Also your doing a GREEN mod. your putting unburnt gases back in your engine the tree huggers will love you. HA HA This mod is on my 2000 gm truck from the factory. good luck

think i'm going to run it back into the intake plumbing, right before the throttle body.

Put it inline close to the throttle body the gases will get sucked into the engine and if you set it up so the oil drains back into the engine your golden,Also your doing a GREEN mod. your putting unburnt gases back in your engine the tree huggers will love you. HA HA This mod is on my 2000 gm truck from the factory. good luck

In order to do that on a 3B, I assume you'd have to split the tubes, one to drain into the oil drain and the other towards the throttle body right?

Since the pipe points down, wouldn't the oil get jammed back up to the engine if it gets routed upwards?

Suction would keep it clear.

It's down ward in direction cause it is a dumping pipe for crankcase vapour.

Another thing that has been done is to run heater hose from it into yor frame rail, this way you get a nice steady amount of oil pumped in to "help" the rust issue. The only set back is whatever work you do to the frame it gets messy.

Not a good idea I have heard. The vapour and used oil can be acidic in nature. Greg_B posted on here about this before, how the acidic levels are really high.

If you route in an engine with a turbo it has to go pre turbo, otherwise the pressure from the turbo will pressurize the crankcase, and will blow out seals.

Suction would keep it clear.

It's down ward in direction cause it is a dumping pipe for crankcase vapour.

maybe I should consider routing that pipe to the intake tube too. Sometimes I drop droplets of oil on my garage and I have to keep cat litter there all the time and it just looks weird.

You could. I don't find it that bad venting down. Some engines vent more mist than others. Might be a sign of blow by or something like that...I dunno. Just guessing.

You could. I don't find it that bad venting down. Some engines vent more mist than others. Might be a sign of blow by or something like that...I dunno. Just guessing.

Any ideas of what material I can use to vent it? Would the hot vapours melt the rubber part away?

Most heater hoes material should handle the heat. It would not be too hot, much like the temp of the coolant. Like when you do an oil change right after it's been running at temp for awhile, it's hot but not boiling hot.

If I was to route it to the intake I would cut the tube shorter and so that it doesn't point down. I would not want a big loop. It might be a oil collecting spot. But the intake may suck it all up.....I duuno. Never have done this mod.

I don't mind it blowing down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom