Poll: What year is your rig? (1 Viewer)

What year is your rig?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who knew there were that many '97 LX's? Cooool.

e9999 said:
darn! leave it to the Brits to muck things up! Soon, we gonna hear that the Canucks voted too...? :D
you guys gotta learn where your place is in the new Global World...! :D :D :D :D :D

yup, I voted even if you didn't make a checkbox for my '90 ;p

btt for flood of noobs... :)

again

'91 without a straight body panel or piece of un-scathed glass/plastic and a drowned motor. Some POS excuse for a lift. Flex? What is this "flex"?

92' Stockish. Partially de-smogged, 285's on US Wheel Modular 94s.

91 vs 92
Paddding on armrest? Where'd mine go!?!?

More '92s had the 9 speaker sound than '91s.

BTT for tons of newly purchased rigs...

Not really a noob...just been gone for a while.

Black & Grey '97 w/o gold crap.
Did a new HG and 100,000 mile PM myself, and doing factory lockers into it myself too.

My Dad taught me the more you work on something the more you make it yours, so pretty soon this thing will be nearly as much mine as the BMW.

I think the saying was something like "Anybody can OWN something, but it's not really YOURS until you put work into it". Something like that.

-B

I like your idea of ownership going with work. Too many people just put gas and miles in the truck and have others do all the fun stuff. They don't even know the first thing of changing a flat. Triple AAA wouldn't exist without their type.

Not to be a smartass, but mines a 1990 and still has lockers, 4 wheel discs and all the other goodies that came with the JDM cruisers...best part is the 1HDT turbodiesel!

... yeah - 1990 LC they truly did save the best for themselves - I'm happy with this hand-me-down!

93-94s have the more problem-prone tranny (with many flaring and solenoid probs reported on this forum), .

*HiJack*
I know this post is a few months old and I'm not trying to start a debate about tranny's --- but --- making a statement such as "93-94's have the more problem-prone tranny" is broad and misleading and is based on a very small sample. And even if the sample was large, scientific, and did show a higher occurence of problems in the 93-94, it is in turn inherently biased against the 93-94 as they would likely have more use/mileage than the later year 80s. I would hate for a newbie to read such a comment and think "stay away from 93-94." Just another one of those mud stats that we must avoid drawing too many conclusions from. Problems with tranny's in ANY year 80 series are reportedly few and far between.

That's all. :cheers:

*HiJack Off*

Problems with tranny's in ANY year 80 series are reportedly few and far between.

That's all. :cheers:

*HiJack Off*

Agreed. Alaska forgot a smilie I think. We've bantered with this and several other "mine's better than your's" topics over the last 5 years. The regulars know the players and who is poking fun and who they are poking fun at. (great grammar, huh?)

Anyway, for the newbies. It's all in fun. :D :D :D :flipoff2:

-B-

Not to be a smartass, but mines a 1990 and still has lockers, 4 wheel discs and all the other goodies that came with the JDM cruisers...best part is the 1HDT turbodiesel!

Out of curiousity...what is your frame number on that '90? near the front passenger tire.
And I wonder if they started a different series of stamps for the US bound wagons.

Out of curiousity...what is your frame number on that '90? near the front passenger tire.
And I wonder if they started a different series of stamps for the US bound wagons.

Not sure where to look - the vin's have been assigned by BC Provincial Inspections - any idea Martin ?

Not sure where to look - the vin's have been assigned by BC Provincial Inspections - any idea Martin ?

You actually qouted me telling you where to look....

in the wheel well of the front passenger (right front), there should be a frame number stamped there on the frame. Yours might be different since it's non-US. But at least that's a atart of where to find it.

btt for new purchases...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom