Poll: what is is your primary wheeling objective for your 80? (1 Viewer)

What is your primary objective / wish as far as using / building the rig for wheeling

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
I was pleasantly surprised at how many folks seem interested in Expedition wheeling, which I had not expected given how dominant the rock-crawling voices seem to be on this board (maybe just louder eh? :D )
So, since it's been a while, and given that you guys always want me do polls (sigh.... :D ) here is one (and to h@ck if it's been done before, so there...):

what is the primary type of wheeling that are you building your rig for?

Obviously, one can use it for many different things, but how about you pick your ultimate wheeling objective for when it'll be all completed (is there such a thing...?) ?

I don't mean what you use it most for -that might be mall cruising or DD for many- but what you'd really like to do with it and would like to build it for, IOW your ultimate pleasure with the rig...!

Ya got only 1 vote!

Rock..rocks and more rocks....welll. Velveeta wag does not have one straight line on her. And I am taking my time on the build for the 80 which is odd because everytime I do somthing on Velveeta its rush rush rush becuase its my DD. Velveeta wag is locked and sporting 8inch lift has been all over the east coast. I am building the 80 to replace the 60 when it goes. The last outing I bent 3 body mounts, I am kinda just waitng for the frame to go since i have dented, bent, crushed it all up.

Once I get the 80 built the way I want it, it will be about time to hunt down a frame and shell for the drivetrain from Velveeta...

As for the 80 its getting the treatmeant...paint job (brown), 6 inch slee coils, Al built bumpers and exo-cage, Aisins, gears, ARB air lockers, 37" MTrs, and sound proofing the hell out of it so I cant hear them at 80mph....

I chose "other" because my interest was strictly to have a dual purpose rig. It is a daily driver/kid hauler, wife snow days to work truck and then it can pull out it's red cape and trail ride quite well! Except for mileage it fills it's purposes very well!

let's forget the DD here, let's just consider the wheeling part!

I voted for the recreation sites, but easily could have voted for camping sites or work sites.

e9999 said:
let's forget the DD here, let's just consider the wheeling part!

Sorry but to answer the question I had to include DD. I wheel it hard and it shines on the highway too! ;)

lowtideride said:
Rock..rocks and more rocks....welll. Velveeta wag does not have one straight line on her. And I am taking my time on the build for the 80 which is odd because everytime I do somthing on Velveeta its rush rush rush becuase its my DD. Velveeta wag is locked and sporting 8inch lift has been all over the east coast. I am building the 80 to replace the 60 when it goes. The last outing I bent 3 body mounts, I am kinda just waitng for the frame to go since i have dented, bent, crushed it all up.

Once I get the 80 built the way I want it, it will be about time to hunt down a frame and shell for the drivetrain from Velveeta...

As for the 80 its getting the treatmeant...paint job (brown), 6 inch slee coils, Al built bumpers and exo-cage, Aisins, gears, ARB air lockers, 37" MTrs, and sound proofing the hell out of it so I cant hear them at 80mph....

there are rocks in Florida? :)

I don't fit any category, or should I say I fit ALL categories.
Cheers,
Sean

My choice was expedition wheeling but I should clarify I wouldn't be heading to new unexplored places, just previously mapped tracks. Still pretty far off road though.

David

MTNRAT said:
I don't fit any category, or should I say I fit ALL categories.
Cheers,
Sean

just pick one...! Be a Man! :)

OZCAL said:
My choice was expedition wheeling but I should clarify I wouldn't be heading to new unexplored places, just previously mapped tracks. Still pretty far off road though.

David

I meant "new to me or fun to go to" places, not "completely unvisited by humankind" kinda places...

e999999- you forgot people who build theirs to be a "poser rig", or "no wheeling planned". Hopefully there won't be too many votes on those!

Expedition seemed right to me. I use ot for long distance drives to hard to get to places, some of them off road and not a good place to spend the night in. I want my LC to be a little more than the conditions I expect to meet because my only interest is to get in, look around, and get out before sunset.

Kalawang

well lets see here dick heads...any of you live in florida? Nope. We wheel old rock quarys all the time..last time we made an attempt at knuckle buster every full locked rig at Alpha pit could not make it up....except for one fj40 that had 40 mtrs and orion gears with huge amounts of gas pedal. At the bottom of these rock walls and trails lives about 2 feet of water so if you can't make it your rolling back into some deep water.... your showing your ignorance :rolleyes:

one shot is from tellico... :D
Rotw5.jpg
Alpha Pit 4.jpg
smiles.jpg

the top one is where I could not make the hill because it was extremly wet...I became off camber and leaned it a rock walll several times...the second shot is of a gnarly rock wall much like slick rock in tellico....I have messed up my truck more wheeling rock gardens in florida more than I did wheeling Lower 2 at tellico....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom