POLL - Is your 100 your daily driver? (1 Viewer)

Is your 100 your daily driver?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I get the feeling reading here that a lot of people daily drive their 100s which came as a slight surprise to me. So I wanted to see the distribution. I’ll start. It’s not. It’s a fun/inclimate weather vehicle that fits my entire family.

Daily driver for me.

Also use it to get the family around (including in-laws,) yearly summer trips which require 4x4 / beach and trail driving, long road trips, Northeast winters, occasional trail driving throughout the year, helping out friends and family who need to get very large items home (200 pound elliptical just the other day,) family camping trips... constantly driving this thing.

2003 with 201,563 miles (at time of this post). I love driving this thing, so I do.

Last edited:
no, reserved for camp access and bad weather

Daily driver for a 20 mile round trip commute. I have been thinking of getting a plug in Prius for fuel economy or a Veloster Turbo as a daily. Fuel costs are still less than a car payment or outright purchase.

Thinking of getting a used Fiat 500 for a daily. 100 is an awful daily IMO compared to what's out there, and also economically.
I

Yeah, I drive a Volvo for my daily. I like my LC too much to run it into the ground on my daily commute since I have an option not to, and the city miles would cost me gallons of gas a day.

I daily drive my 1998 100 and the 200 sits in the garage 6 out of 7 days a week. I use the 200 when I have the whole family with me. The 100 gets driven when it is just me usually. I work in a harsh environment and do not like my 200 being subjected to my office. These dam things cost to much to watch them get destroyed.

The 100 is a great machine!

My dad and I both have our 100’s and I am keeping them for both of my kids! In the mean time I use them.
8120FD29-8407-41B7-B599-605788E537BA.jpeg

B1153BB7-07EC-49C4-83A6-54B10D383F2E.jpeg

Daily driver as my standard daily (W123 300D) is down due to cooling and AC issues. I hate spending the $250-300/month on gas, but there's something to be said about the confidence in driving an armored vehicle in the s***hole that is Atlanta's traffic mess. If I get into a cargument, mine will win. I'll likely pick up a CDI to commute in within the year and save the 100 for utility trips and trails.

Yeah just cant seem to drive anything else. Nothing last forever so drive it right? 05 LX w/ 155k strong

155k on an 05? You lucky dog! I also completely agree, nothing lasts forever, and I got this truck to be my go-everywhere / apocalypse escape pod. I needed a bigger vehicle for my family, and given the choice of a LandCruiser or a Minivan, the choice is obvious.

Daily drive my 05 with 160k. In summer though usually use one of the motorcycles. It has dipped its toes in the water on both coasts, don't think there is a better road trip vehicle (beside mpg). Eats up the highway miles then is more than willing to go play on the trails.

Daily drive my 2005 and currently at 149k miles. I bought it with 131K last May so the miles are going up. But that's what it is for. The wife drives her 2015 Subaru and the 2014 JKUR sits untouched except for nice days and when the LC or Subaru is down for maintenance. Something to be said for a vehicle when it's the transportation of choice and it's the oldest, highest mileage vehicle in the fleet.

Daily drive mine. 150k on the clock when I bought my '98 LX in March of 2017. Just rolled over 211k this morning (61k in 24 months). The cost to operate mine, since it's paid off, is WAAAAY less than the cost of operating a newer, more efficient vehicle. My partner's Subaru Outback costs her more to operate than my LX. Sure, she gets way better fuel economy. But, she has a $450/month car payment to contend with.

I will have bought mine two years ago this June and drive it daily. 2004 with 214k now. I have two motorcycles if I want to have some fun.

Daily my 06 LX470 currently with 171K all winter. Summer I use either my 96 Nissan Skyline R33 GTR or my 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage on nice days and the LX on inclement days. Neither of the 2 are any better on gas though. All my vehicles are pigs. But like stated above. They are paid for.
gtr-7-photo.jpg
Vantage-17.jpg

I daily drove mine for a couple years , after selling my dodge 2500 to get out of truck payments. I really want my 100 to last me a very long time , so at 230k on the 100 I sold my 60 series and bought a first gen tundra to daily drive and hunt and fish out of, using the 100 for exploring, camping local and in western states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom