POLL - any interest in new gauge cluster glass and molded gasket? (1 Viewer)

POLL - Any interest in new gauge cluster glass and/or molded gasket?

• Acrylic plastic replacement for cluster glass (3-piece set): ~$22.50 shipped

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Molded glass gasket replacement (3-piece set): ~$22.50 shipped

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Both: ~$40 shipped

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did this ever go anywhere? I need a set of gaskets as well.

Hi all, I took apart my gauge cluster to restore - I'm planning to go the whole 9 yards with cleaning everything to bare metal, re-plating the housing with yellow cad, and painting or powder coating.

When I was taking mine apart, I noticed the gaskets that hold my gauge cluster glass in place were falling apart and letting in dirt and debris. My glass cleaned up ok, but is chipping around the edges and has some scratches/yellowing.

I couldn't find new molded gaskets or glass (other than $OR at $43 per used glass piece) anywhere and I don't like the idea of spending a good bit of time/money restoring the cluster only to finish it with crumbling gaskets that allow dirt/moisture into the housing and scratched glass.

I imagine this might be an issue others deal with and that it might be nice to have new parts available, so I am looking into having these parts fabricated. New molded gaskets would be made of either neoprene or nitrile, and replacements for the glass would be made of clear acrylic plastic (shatter-resistant, what is typically used nowadays for gauge clusters). If I understand correctly, these shapes are the same for early - 82 40 Series cruisers.

I realize these are very specific items and maybe an extravagance if your glass isn't broken, but I wanted to ask if anyone else would be interested in these items, or if maybe a vendor would be interested to stock/sell these or use them as part of cluster restoration service?
Dd you have the gaskets made, any still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom