Polaris 600 triple snowmobiles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any of you guys schooled in snowmobile motors? Have some questions on a 600 triple that is taking up garage space for a year and a half that I would like to get running to get the floor space in the garage back and also possibly enjoy this season.

Pete

oldIron said:
Any of you guys schooled in snowmobile motors? Have some questions on a 600 triple that is taking up garage space for a year and a half that I would like to get running to get the floor space in the garage back and also possibly enjoy this season.

Pete

They are pretty simple, but give us some more info - What happened? Did it die? Does it have spark? 2 strokes are pretty simple - Check spark, compression, and clean out the carburetors. If there is a specific problem report back, I've had lots of these...

Well I have 96 600 triple. The clutch side of the crank has some serious movement and play. I am not sure if the crank is broken or I lost the outside bearing, both comon failures on a triple. I bought a motor out of a 97 triple and from what I have found out, I can use the crank from the 97 in the 96, but my hope is to bolt in the 97 which should work. My major concern is that the case on the 97 has a small nipple on the clutch end of the case and appears to be for oil however my oil injector only has 3 lines, one for each carb and the 97 motor I bought came without carbs, and oil pump. So I am not certain on this nipples use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom