Pointers to inner fender adjustment posts or tips? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
I tried a search and came up with very little. I know I've read posts here that would be helpful if I could find them.

My 33s are rubbing, and I need to make adjustments to the plastic in the front wheel well. I removed some bolt on air deflectors, the front is a tiny rub - I think I can just hit it with the heat gun and push it out of the way. The rear seems to rub a bit more - removal of the mud flap looks like an option, but if I can adjust it without removal, I'd prefer that.

98489093-A451-4F47-9D7A-E590FEF98244.jpeg

AE7BF461-E68E-451D-A0D9-8C445D0AA68F.jpeg

20D62593-E9E7-49B5-888F-70AA2CC33C9B.jpeg

Setup: 2016 Land Cruiser, King 2.5 (appx. 2.5" lift), 1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers, BFG AT KO2 LT275/70R18, 41 PSI, on Tundra TRD rims.

Last edited:
I tried a search and came up with very little. I know I've read posts here that would be helpful if I could find them.

My 33s are rubbing, and I need to make adjustments to the plastic in the front wheel well. I removed some bolt on air deflectors, she front is a tiny rub - I think I can just hit it with the heat gun and push it out of the way. The rear seems to rub a bit more - removal of the mud flap looks like an option, but if I can adjust it without removal, I'd prefer that.

View attachment 2524429

Setup: 2016 Land Cruiser, King 2.5 (appx. 2.5" lift), 1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers, BFG AT KO2 LT275/70R18, 41 PSI, on Tundra TRD rims.

Heat gun that large rub area and hold inward as it cools so that it stays curved away from tire...

I used heat on the tiny spot on the front plastic, which worked well. I tried it on the rear mud flap plastics, but it didn't work very well for me, so I removed them. I think it may be because it is so cold, and I'm not getting enough heat into enough surface area. Once I get a warmer day, or have time to heat up the garage, I'll try to form the mud flaps with the heat gun (mud flaps off the car, and then reinstall).

Last edited:
To move the fender liner forward of the front wheel. Pull the two screw bolts, push forward so the back hole lines up with the front. Cut a slit in the new location of the front hole and put the z clip in it. Reinsert screw bolts. Profit.

there’s a thread with some picks running around, and I have more detail on my build thread. I’ll back post a link in a sec.

1608091253678.png

This is what I did.

Heatgunned and redrilled the fender liner forward ("4Runner Fender Liner Mod"). Then I reshaped the mud flap to just have the external part there, to mitigate dirt and rocks flying around, and then cut the rocker panel corner and sawed off and deburred the bracket holding that corner in place. You can find more info in my build thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom