PO446 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.greasyhands.co
Purchased an ‘01 LX this afternoon with 240k on the odometer. This is my 3rd LX.

My CEL is on and PO446 is the code. I will be replacing the fuel filler cap 77300-53010 pronto.

What are my next steps?

obviously I will visually inspect system but any video links/tips/tricks to checking the canister or servo?

Thanks!

First step in Toyota Diagnostic Procedures is to check the vacuum lines for leaks. Then test the VSVs. Then check voltage and circuit for vapor pressure sensor. Then check charcoal canister. Techstream will be immensely helpful...

Assume you cleared code and it returned!

Yes, once I receive new OEM filler cap I will clear code but previous owner drove for awhile with this code illuminating CEL.

I guess i wanted to know if there was good video or write up on getting to charcoal/vapor can and solenoid...

One reason a CC would go bad. Is flooding with fuel by over topping fuel tank in 03-07. OM booklet, states; stop filling at first auto shut off of gas station fill pump handle in 03-07. Not issue in 98-02.

I've not seen a video or write up, but haven't searched. Nor have I even done one. But should be straight forward with a FSM (factory service manual).

Last edited:
Could this be the source of code PO446?

Back of airbox, passenger side?

0ADB2202-044F-4AAA-BFFC-B808A04B79F5.jpeg

32AD949A-A084-469B-86D6-7EE0D2111541.jpeg

Anyone know the size of this EVAP hose by chance? Looks like most vac hoses are this size under the hood (‘01) except for a few tiny hoses.

Have the same picture on my phone...that's how my disassembly for a timing belt change started this summer. Was able to fix with a threaded hose adapter; drilled out the housing to fit. Seems to be holding (6 months). Sorry- don't have any sizes; was just an adapter (1/2" ??) I luckily happened to have in a junk part drawer.

Got me some 9/16 hose.....but what’s your suggestion to do about the nipple piece someone had broken off in the EVAP hose?
9FFA344F-8936-475E-991C-419D4E6EBCF2.jpeg

I drilled out the box to fit the threaded side of a hose barb fitting like this. Also used epoxy to make sure the fitting was secure and well sealed. I let it sit for a day to make sure it was fully cured.
SmartSelect_20201214-190227_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom