PO shenanigans. Need turn signal socket part # (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
96 fzj

Bought it with a turn signal socket wired in after some apparent front end ramming of trees.

Couldn't figure out why it kept blowing the fuse. Local guy is looking at it and says the socket wired to the blinker is for the corner marker, not the turn signal, even though it fits and screws into the housing.

It looks exactly identical to me, but apparently takes a different bulb (9006 vs 9007 I think). The one wired to it works but blinks fast. So this guy must be on to something.

I've searched this forum but as you can imagine, "turn" and "socket" yields nearly every thread ever posted.

Can somebody tell me what part number I need for the left turn signal socket? We can't find one

Local dealership says part is long discontinued, none available to him in north America.

# he gave me is 81515-60361 if it helps anybody that searches for this in the future

He said it may be possible to use an inline resistor to regulate the blinking speed and/or upgrade to LEDs. Is this my only option?

Hopefully one of them responds but I found some old threads re:wiring the corner markers to also work as blinkers when aftermarket bumpers cover the valence. Might just go that route since my bumper is slightly bent and misaligned anyway

PO loved cutting down small trees with it I guess

i dont have any. sent my last set out to @musthave and USPS lost them... i am going to get a truck this weekend that might have a set but who knows since it had an engine bay fire.

you can cut the wires clean off and splice in the corner lights to become turn signals or get super fancy and use the tail light harness (i have some of those) to have a dual bulb (stop/running lights) and put those in the corners so they light up normal and then blink a second element for turning.

i dont have any. sent my last set out to @musthave and USPS lost them... i am going to get a truck this weekend that might have a set but who knows since it had an engine bay fire.

you can cut the wires clean off and splice in the corner lights to become turn signals or get super fancy and use the tail light harness (i have some of those) to have a dual bulb (stop/running lights) and put those in the corners so they light up normal and then blink a second element for turning.
We were going to mod the harness using aftermarket pieces or tail harnesses but just found a yard with an lx. 75 bucks and a couple days but perhaps one of the only spares in country (sounds so exotic). If it doesn't show up then there is no other option but to use tl harnesses to keep dual bulbs, and if I have to do that I'll pm you. Thanks

You can buy 81510-60362 and it will come with the OEM wiring harness assembly. 81510 is the RH front turn signal assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom