PNW FJ80 Meet and Greet and Trail Run??? (1 Viewer)

Possible Dates

• 9/9-9/11

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 9/23-9/25

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 9/30-10/2

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • 10/7-10/9

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There are a lot of 80s in this region and we're likely a lot of like-minded people (camping, hiking, 4x4ing, etc). It would be nice to meet some people, share mod ideas for our trucks, and hit a moderate trail or two. If people are interested in camping we could probably incorporate that too.

I was thinking some time in September or early October. Northern Oregon or Central/Southern Washington would be a good middle ground. I'm open to ideas for meet up locations, trails, camping etc as I am still learning about this region.

Who's interested?

Jason

I'll drive down and I know of a few others that might too.

Just bought some sliders from Jason at Cruisin Off road today

Maybe we should do a Jason meet and greet? :)

Bump! I know there are way more people with 80s in this region. :bounce: Is everyone busy during this time? Are most of you shy? Are you waiting for your cup holders that are on back order before committing to such an adventure? ;):steer:

Yes. Tillamook forest? When?

IMG_33871.jpg

10 a.m. Garage sale this Saturday at Landcruiser Northwest 2211 Nw york 97210. Come get some parts before the go to scrap. Fj62 Fj60 Fj55 and 2 fzj80s. One has e-lockers. Have a pile of tires. Come look through them. Have one set of 40x13.5x17s.

20160803_163340.jpg

20160803_163327.jpg

Bump! I know there are way more people with 80s in this region. :bounce: Is everyone busy during this time? Are most of you shy? Are you waiting for your cup holders that are on back order before committing to such an adventure? ;):steer:
Hard to get folks on the same page, isn't it? My son and I are going to go camp on the South side of Rainier near Ashford on Friday and then go to the smaller visitor center NE of Mt St Helens on Saturday? Although, could be talked into other routes. Part of the WABDR? The South portion?

Yeah, it's always tough organizing people, especially when you haven't met them and they live all over the area. I have a baby on the way and plenty of house projects to do so if it doesn't pan out it's no big deal. :) Have fun this weekend. That whole area is awesome. I'll probably be starting a bathroom remodel...

It would be cool to have a local meet-up. I keep seeing built 80s around Seattle. Everyone waves at each other, but I haven't met anyone in person.

Just throwing out some ideas here. Maybe we can meet at Alder Lake in Elbe, WA near Rainier: Google Maps

There are a few scenic forest road drives in the area including this one: High Rock Lookout Loop | Ashford Washington Off-Road Trails | Trails.com which leads to a short hike with an awesome view (weather permitting) http://visitrainier.com/high-rock-lookout-2/ This location is more or less a halfway point for those coming from Seattle or Portland area.

There's also this trail not too far away: French Butte | Randle Washington Off-Road Trails | Trails.com

These are easy scenic drives. I'm still getting to know the area so if someone has suggestions that would be convenient for people coming from both Seattle and Portland please share. According to the voting it's looking like the first or second weekend of October is best for everyone that's interested.

I have climbed Rainier, Adams, and St. Helens but most everything else I have done was in the Central to Northern Cascades so anything down there would be new to me and sounds interesting. One other place I visit every year is Packwood Lake. Easy 3.5 miles in to a fairly large lake and some nice camp spots. In fact, going with a group Labor Day weekend.

Great spot for kids and family that are new to hiking etc.

I'm thinking we can do the meet and greet and then hit some trails for a while. Afterwards whoever wants to hike or camp can stick around.

I've been super busy with a bathroom remodel so haven't checked in. Who is still interested in doing this? October 7-9th will be the weekend if it happens. See post #13 for details. If no one is really interested that's cool.

I have climbed Rainier, Adams, and St. Helens but most everything else I have done was in the Central to Northern Cascades so anything down there would be new to me and sounds interesting. One other place I visit every year is Packwood Lake. Easy 3.5 miles in to a fairly large lake and some nice camp spots. In fact, going with a group Labor Day weekend.

3.5 miles driving or hiking?

Hiking

I might could do a full day Saturday and camp Saturday night and half day Sunday on Oct. 1-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom