Pneumatic suspension? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody tried this configuration?
Pneumatic suspension.

Screenshot_20230521-071906_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230521-071845_Chrome.jpg

Funnily enough it crossed my mind when I first planned my build. I decided not to go this route for now but its one of those things in the back of my mind for a possible future.

Is this your build? If so would love to know how it performs, particularly on road behaviour

Funnily enough it crossed my mind when I first planned my build. I decided not to go this route for now but its one of those things in the back of my mind for a possible future.

Is this your build? If so would love to know how it performs, particularly on road behaviour
No, and I'm wondering that as well. It's a guy in Caeacas. Venezuela. Good clubs there., I'm in Colombia restoring a 78 FJ43 lc. I'm going to have him a call...

I'd like to see the development of this concept continue.

Corvette system monitors each corner 1,000 times a second and adjusts the compression/dampening as needed for best results.

I think some of the Cadillac SUV's have that. A buddy had an escalade that needed new struts. I think they were something ridiculous like $1800 a corner

There are lots of videos on youtube where people put airbags in place of coils. Dirthead Dave, who was on Dirt Every Day when that was on Motortrend, is a big fan. He now has his own Youtube and is part of an 80 series build for OnX. On a 40 with leaf springs you would need to do a lot of the same work as you would on coil spring conversion...

That is unless the bags are just helper springs in the rear for heavy loads, in which case I would look at adapting Timbren's products for reasons of simplicity

Ultra4 cars use that and they monitor/adjust extremely fast on the fly.
Years ago the was a guy that had air bags under a brown 60 or 62 on portals on this fourm, he was from Canada, Peter IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom