PN Help (for rear main seal repalcement) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need the following Toyota PN's for:

-L/R Motor Mounts
-Trans Mount(s)
-Oil pan Gasket
-Rear Main Seal

Long story short, I picked up a pretty good leak recently...about the size of a quarter every day on the driveway. I took it to the shop, and they cleaned it and feel that it's very likely the RMS (and it's not the Valve cover gaskets)

Im about ready to schedule the work, and the shop allows me to buy parts for the job. Since the originals lasted 235K, that's whats going back in. Also, any additional -must do's- when doing this surgery would be good to know.

TIA

^^^^^

I checked the site and was greeted by a wall of 100 series variants (probably from USA and Rest of World) and got discouraged.

I looks like the key to search may be having the VIN (which I don't have in front of me at this very second). Will partsouq still work for a Lexus?

Thanks

I had a rear main leak about the same size leak than yours. Bought a bottle of AT-205 and stopped.
That was about a year ago, just my $0.02

^^^^^

Tried the AT-205. I have over 5 hours on it and it's not been effective...well it slowed it down for a day or 2, but it crept back.

I think I may have to bite the bullet.

if both pans are coming off, take the rear main seal retainer, and replace the O ring on the pipe. I posted this info a few days ago.
I very much suspected mine was leaking from there and not the rear main seal itself.

ENGINE MOUNTS= 12361-50120 X 2
TRANS MOUNT= 12371-50080
OIL PAN GASKET= BLACK FIPG 00295-00103
REAR MAIN= 90311-95013

Part #'s are for a 98 LX470

if both pans are coming off, take the rear main seal retainer, and replace the O ring on the pipe. I posted this info a few days ago.
I very much suspected mine was leaking from there and not the rear main seal itself.
Are you speaking of 96721-24024 (oil seal retainer) in the diagram as the O ring?

Appreciate the diagram/PN's. They do cross ref with a 1998 (using mcgeorge).

If anyone cares:

12361-50120 for the motor mount(s)
12371-50080 for the Trans mount
90311-95013 for the main seal

I'm having the hard time finding the oil pan gasket. There are a few on Rockauto, but not having any luck finding the toyota PN here:

Partsouq diagram

There isn't an actual oil pan gasket. You would use the Toyota Form in Place Gasket to reseal the pan (it's similar to RTV)....00295-00103 is the part number for black fipg needed to reseal oil pans

There isn't an actual oil pan gasket. You would use the Toyota Form in Place Gasket to reseal the pan (it's similar to RTV)....00295-00103 is the part number for black fipg needed to reseal oil pans
Gotcha, but a bit confused, as there *are gaskets available for the application. Sounds like you have experience...did you use the FIPG (only)? If yes, did you let it set up for a time and install or did you mate the parts right away?

Thanks

I work in parts dept at a Lexus dealership and based on my parts catalog not listing an actual pan gasket is why I know you use the fipg to seal the pans. Instructions read to re-install parts within 15 minutes of application of fipg and ideally let vehicle sit for 24hrs to cure.

I work in parts dept at a Lexus dealership and based on my parts catalog not listing an actual pan gasket is why I know you use the fipg to seal the pans. Instructions read to re-install parts within 15 minutes of application of fipg and ideally let vehicle sit for 24hrs to cure.

Parts guy at a lexus dealer on Mud? Sweet! I would like these:

ENGINE MOUNTS= 12361-50120 X 2
TRANS MOUNT= 12371-50080
OIL PAN GASKET= BLACK FIPG 00295-00103
REAR MAIN= 90311-95013

..at the mud discount.

Juuust Kidding. Thanks for the awesome info and cheers!

The advice to buy the o rings was right on time. Turns out this was needed on my truck as well.

Thanks!

Will partsouq still work for a Lexus?

Few days past the original ask, but yes. Very well in fact, just have your VIN handy. Save it as a note on your desktop or phone or something and you'll always have it ready. Searching by VIN means you won't have to go through the 300 variations you found the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom