PM/Upgrades Complete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just finished with some much needed PM and some upgrades and wanted to say thanks to the IH8MUDers for all of the info. Newbies take note: I did not have to start one thread to ask a question about anything. I just used the search function and found everything I needed.

Preventive/Maintenance:
-Front Birf. repack including all new bearings. "El Marichi's" DVD is the key on this for first timers. I don't have any previous maintenance records on my LC and I have had it four years so I figured it was time. 170K. Passenger side looked good, drivers side was almost dry (no leaks) but no wear.
-Front pads including new rotors
-Rear shoes
-Greased the u-joints (clunk is gone for now!)
-Front and rear shocks (OEM) mileage unknown but they were toast

Upgrades:
-OME factory replacement springs. This was much easier that I thought it would be. ~1" lift woohoo
-Slee speedo gear to help with the 285's. I borrowed a GPS a few weeks ago and speedo indicated 58 mph was really 65 mph. Seat of the pants tells me its much closer now.

Doing so much at one time it was kind of nerve racking pulling out of the driveway the first time wondering if I had torqued/tightened everything, so far so good.
I have no immediate plans for mods. I'm just going to drive it and do some wheeling this summer. After that I will probably kick myself for not going with the OME 2.5 lift. No worries though, because I am golden on my maintenance for awhile.

Thanks again,

I care, Brad.:D

Glad to hear that you've got all that work done. Now go out and wheel it like you stole it.;)

Mot

Brad, how did the suspension/ride feel after changing the shocks and springs? I am still undecided if I will go with the full OME stock height package or just go OEM shocks & OME springs.

Also, any special tools required for the shock/spring change out?

Congratulations on finishing all of that! After a year and a half of ownership, I still need to do the front axle.

Riley :cheers:

Last edited:
Mot,
Thanks. Tough crowd huh?

Driley,
The ride feels great. The low lift OME and OEM shock combo seems to work well. There is less body roll which also means it's stiffer, but is a lot smoother over a rough RR crossing near the house.
No special tools needed for the springs/shocks. I also did not have any rusted bolts to worry about. Read Slee's installation instructions they explain everything very well.

Good job on the PM and Mods. I'd be interested in the DVD if you want to sell it. I need to do most of that stuff on mine soon, and have been debating the OME Lowlift springs. I still want to be able to pull into the garage on our rare ice storm days(and hurricane days in the summer).

Post up some pics of the "new" ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom