Plus 1 for Toyota factory fenders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know there is an ongoing conversation about factory fenders vs. the reproductions offered from CCOT, SOR, etc.

I bought factory replacements from my local Toyota dealer a couple weeks ago. After spending a little time prepping the fenders with undercoat and primer, I bolted them up today. They fit exactly like the originals- literally every bolt lined up painlessly. They even came with the wire looms.

If you're on the fence, go with factory. They are $75-100 more expensive each than repros depending on the price you get from your dealer but it is probably worth avoiding the fitment issues experienced by others. I paid $504 after tax for both.

DSC01177.JPG
photo
DSC01177.JPG

DSC01179.JPG

DSC01192.JPG

*** I should note that I haven't had personal experience with the repro fenders, and CCOT claims to have "re-woked" their jigs. My account should be considered alongside others.

While I have been pretty critical of ccot's fenders in the past, and have had lots of fitment issues with them, I purchased a pair last month and the fit is hugely improved, in fact, I had to clearance and adjust only two holes at the front of the bib. Additionally, the sag at the outer edge of the front fenders are gone, and both sides fit the curvature of the side panel very well. Both also fit well at the frame mount. Waaaay different than days gone by. I'd still go factory if the vehicle warranted it, this one's built purposely on a budget, and the fenders are about half the price of the price you mention.

Were both sides available? I thought OEM was only available for side?

Good to know, I'll keep that in mind if I end up destorying mine or getting tried of the rusty ones I currently have.

Hi All:

Them thare fenders are down-right purty! :grinpimp:

Also awful expen$ive! :eek: I guess worth it on a true restoration.

Thanks for sharing with us!

Alan

----------------------------------------------------------------
I know there is an ongoing conversation about factory fenders vs. the reproductions offered from CCOT, SOR, etc.

I bought factory replacements from my local Toyota dealer a couple weeks ago. After spending a little time prepping the fenders with undercoat and primer, I bolted them up today. They fit exactly like the originals- literally every bolt lined up painlessly. They even came with the wire looms.

If you're on the fence, go with factory. They are $75-100 more expensive each than repros depending on the price you get from your dealer but it is probably worth avoiding the fitment issues experienced by others. I paid $504 after tax for both.

DSC01177.JPG
photo
DSC01177.JPG

DSC01179.JPG

DSC01192.JPG

*** I should note that I haven't had personal experience with the repro fenders, and CCOT claims to have "re-woked" their jigs. My account should be considered alongside others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom