Plug In Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Demand outstrips supply. Toyota sells out plug in RAV4 prime in 3 weeks in Japan.

Time for Toyota to focus development efforts for Land Cruiser with a battery pack. I can give up the V8 (as awesome as that is) but I want a decent sized battery pack. I think next cruiser needs hybrid option but it needs to be mainstreamed.

The Aussie LCOOL site has link under the 300 rumors thread that the Tundra may get a twin turbo 4 liter V-8.

Since I think Toyota will cover multiple bases I think the above plus without the turbos but with the battery/hybrid seems reasonable for the LC

Car camping with a vehicle that has a large onboard battery would be awesome. No more need for complicated and potentially unreliable aux batt installs.

Car camping with a vehicle that has a large onboard battery would be awesome. No more need for complicated and potentially unreliable aux batt installs.

Back when the Japanese were dealing with the displacement of people due to the Tsunami/***ushima Toyota produced (but never exported to my knowledge) a device that provided AC electric off of the Prius traction (hybrid) battery. That would be a really nice overlanding addition.

EDIT: I didn't put in the asterisks, MUD did, apparently thinks the town name is obscene.

This is 200-series tech how? And it can’t go in one of the existing 300-series rumor/future threads why?

Last edited:
Sorry I was hoping the Toyota engineers read this forum. This forum stokes my 200 passion. As a land cruiser superfan I don't know where else to get my voice heard.

I would hope the engineers and designers are as passionate as I am about this product. Also, I love day dreaming about future Land Cruisers. I think its interesting how one platform is about to split into two seperate vehicles given how they have been virtually the same for 20+ years. The new lexus competing with bentley and new land cruiser stripped down to 5 passsenger. It seems as if Toyota is about to ruin my beloved platform (needs to be 8 pasenger, hybrid with some form of self driving). Once they misstep its going to be really hard going back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom