plug gap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
whats the proper gap for the plugs on my 84's 2f?
also, i would like to try the seefoam treatment, but cannot find it in any retail parts store.where is the place to get it?
hammer

Just replugged my 85'. The factory gap is around .035" I was running .050" w/ my HEI distributor and it worked well. However, I've been going round and round with AZ emmisions. So, I stuck w/ about .040" and called it good. BTW, I failed the dyno test 4 times :rolleyes: the new plugs and a new cat did the trick on the 5th try :D .

Seafoam is the s***! Really, really improved my 295K mi motor. I picked some up at Napa. Follow the directions pouring straight into the carb. Then put a little in the tank. FYI- ran a can through my 100K mi 3.4 Tacoma and smoothed it out as well.

Good luck

Last edited:
thanks....
if i seem to burn oil mor than I'd like, will changing the gap make a difference? i used to open it some on my endoro bike ( waaaayyy back whe i was young) when the plugs would start to foul.
hammer

i recently changes mine out, used oem plugs gapped at 0.031. someone made the point of gapping to wide with an 20yr old coil might shorten what little life it had left.

I changed out the plugs and wires as they were looking bad, and put a high power coil and quality wires in, gapped the plugs to .040 . Seemed to work really well, better milage and WAY better cold starting. Also increased power alittle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom