PLS post pics of your suspension... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
if anyone has any pics they can share of their leaf spring setup, preferably the front, I'd like to see it. Reason being - I just put in Dakar 2-3" light-medium springs in the front of my HJ61 and their completly flat. No lift!!!! I'd like to see what you guys are running and any suggestions on what I can do to gain the 2" that I need to level my truck out with the rear. (by the way, I've got the PTO winch on the front as well.)
Thanks guys, and if you could let mem know what your suspension setup is as well with your pictures.

Beau

should have went heavy in the front...

Every light -med set up I see provides about a stock height maybe a tad more.

Your stock springs must have been in pretty good shape....

on man, I can't believe it!!! Anybody wanna buy these springs from me?

beauh said:
on man, I can't believe it!!! Anybody wanna buy these springs from me?

Lets back up a little. Are these springs new?
If so they should still give you 2inches of lift but not last too long at that height with winch/bullbar over rough ground.

If they are used an extra leaf could be added provided they are not too far gone.
If they are new I would be looking for a refund.
Dakar springs are made by Beltons in Malaysia and have a very good reputation.

You'll need to add a few leafs for sure. A 12H-T, AT (maybe) and a PTO winch out front is a heck of a heavy truck... mine weighs around 2500 kgs, 5500 lbs.

To put this in perspective, your HJ61 weighs 1000lbs more than a 1968 Cadillac Coupe DeVille and nearly as much as a 2005 quad cab hemi Dodge power wagon, yet it is not nearly as big as either. When I drive over a scale at the local transfer station on the Saturday trash run, they often think something must be wrong with the scale...:)

a few leafs?
I think I'm gonna try adding 2 leafs first from my original leaf pack. The 2 longest ones that'll fit. I hope that'll do it. That'll give me 7 leafs in the pack. If that doesn't do it, I'll add one more to make it 8 in the pack. How does that sound guys?
(by they way, these are brand new Dakar springs. From my research, my HJ61 does require the heavy duty springs though, for the reasons you mention EXPAT)

expat said:
You'll need to add a few leafs for sure. A 12H-T, AT (maybe) and a PTO winch out front is a heck of a heavy truck... mine weighs around 2500 kgs, 5500 lbs.

To put this in perspective, your HJ61 weighs 1000lbs more than a 1968 Cadillac Coupe DeVille and nearly as much as a 2005 quad cab hemi Dodge power wagon, yet it is not nearly as big as either. When I drive over a scale at the local transfer station on the Saturday trash run, they often think something must be wrong with the scale...:)
Too True.:cheers:

thanks guys. I put 2 more leafs in each pack and VOILA!! Perfecto! I gained the 2" that I needed.

beauh said:
thanks guys. I put 2 more leafs in each pack and VOILA!! Perfecto! I gained the 2" that I needed.

How did you do that with stock springs and the Dakar flat spot?

gb

dakar flat spot?
the oringinal leafs fit in perfect, although they didn't have the same arch as the dakar's. They just help them so the wait doesn't flatten the dakar's out.

OME has a flatspot engineered into the Dakar, (and origional OME's) where the u-bolts clamp the spring plate down, unless this has changed recently?

http://www.arb.com.au/leaf_springs.htm

hth's

gb

I'm not sure if your Dakar are new ..? so if are new and you rorder the light duty is your fault .. maybe you need to order the heavy, but anycase is to late right now.;)

Did you see in this pic .. this OME / Dakar spring pak, with normal wrap, is in a SO truck ..!

Leaf-Spring_smallpic.jpg

Pic for ya.
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

This is a HJ60 with OME Dakar heavy on 33inch wheels. The OME springs lifted the truck, which had extremely tired factory springs on, by 4 1/2 inches. My guess is 2 inches from the lift, and 2 1/2 from the tiredness of the old springs.
Jan

Last edited:
You're telling us that that is a 4.5 inch lift?

Looks stock to me.

Interesting. That sir is not correct advertising.

Turbo (diesel) bummer.

HZJ60 Guy said:
You're telling us that that is a 4.5 inch lift?

Looks stock to me.

Interesting. That sir is not correct advertising.

Turbo (diesel) bummer.

That sir, was bad reading on your part. try again. as stated pretty clearly above, the truck is 4.5 inches higher than it was when I got it.
The lift is 2 inches, and it now sits on 33 inch tires. the rest from sagging stock springs. measurements don't lie.
Clear enough?
j

Hey no disrespect ment. I was trying to say that if that was an adertised 4.5" lift the advertisement was false.

That's all.

HZJ60 Guy said:
Hey no disrespect ment. I was trying to say that if that was an adertised 4.5" lift the advertisement was false.

That's all.

No Problem, it's all good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom